HS110 Ver 2.0 Randomly turns off/on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS110 Ver 2.0 Randomly turns off/on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:HS110 Ver 2.0 Randomly turns off/on
2021-12-05 21:30:01
Two of my HS100 smart plugs (hw v.2.0, fw v. 1.5.10) stopped working about an year ago, basically would not turn on any devices plugged into them. Remember trying factory resets at the time but to no avail. Thought i had binned them but found them in the garage earlier today and decided to have another go. Plugged in one, pressed its piwer button to turn it off, ag this stage only the wifi indicator was on. Pressed and held the reset button for about a minute, the wifi would start flickering perhaps 10 times then stop then flicker again but faster another 10 times or so. Repeated same but with the power on. Then set it up to connect to my network and all worked this time! Repeated the same with the second faulty plug anf it too worked! Also had another one that had programmed to switch off a device at 9pm. Had tried resetting it in the past to cancel this action but no joy, despite its schedule showing as empty! So today gave it the same treatment and it too worked, happy days! Not sure which reset resolved, i.e. with power off or on, or perhaps both did, but thought i should share it. Hope it would help someone.
Options
2021-12-29 09:22:31
After some testing I found out that the devices flipflop when they are in the middle of two access points or when they lose wifi. Is their a way so the default behavior isn't flopping but just turn off?
Options
2022-01-21 18:40:50

Same thing happens to my HS110 Ver 4.0 with firmware 1.0.5 for many months.

Every few days (i think its always evening) it turns off and immediatelly turns on. 

It has happened twice this week. I have a TV set and a few other devices on it and I am afraid that its going to harm the devices.

I have 3 HS110 Ver 4.0 in total but only the one in the living room is doing this (I am sure that if the one in the bedroom was doing this I would know because my wife uses this one and we all know what that means in case of a failure!...)

I would say its the furthest from the router (in case that is a problem) but its not actually that far (10 meters with one wall between them) and the router is a pretty solid one (fritzbox 7530) with great signal (even the plug is reporting a -55db signal), so i dont think thats an excuse.'

The maximum load is around 600-700watt (no spikes or heavey load).

So many hs110 users with that problem for so many months and TP-Link states that there is no known issue... 

Options
2022-02-01 23:22:48

V4, issue has always been there (year, maybe years) and never been addressed. So close to throwing these away.

Options
2022-02-14 11:03:03 - last edited 2022-02-14 11:05:50

Hello @Craven 

Thank you for your feedback, if only one of HS110 V4  plugs got power cycle issue 

• Please try a factory reset on the plug and see if plug perform the same in factory default state? 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug

• Remove Away mode settings on that smart device 
  • Connect smart plug to WiFI again, if possible please link it to router Guest WiFi network and see if that helps. 

If still the same, can you help confirm some case details requested in page 1 of this thread, thank you 

Options
2022-04-10 10:27:08

Just_a_user wrote

@Edwardon 

Yes it definitely seems to be a cloud problem. I also have a bunch of smart plugs that turn off and on at random, but always simultaneously.

If it were a hardware problem it should happen independently for each switch.

I was in doubt whether it was a TP-Link problem or a Google integration problem, but it looks like it's all on TP-Link given the posts from others.

@Just_a_user  I would have to agree.  I have another smart switch along side the TP-Link device and it has no problems. If you can't depend on this system, it's not much use.

Options
2022-10-06 17:11:55

@chengfatt I had the same problem too where one of my smart lights would turn on and off randomly (almost hourly!) and then I would be unable to control it in the app for a while to switch it back on/off.
Do you by chance have it set up with an Alexa device? A couple of days ago I was setting up an Amazon household as someone else in my family bought an Echo dot. In doing so, I was kind of annoyed that almost everything in my Alexa app reset - meaning I had to re-input my preferred music service, routines etc... This also meant that the TP-Link Kasa skill also reset itself meaning I hade to end able it again which I hadn't done since I purchased my Echo dot almost 2 years ago. I don't know if it was because the skill was updated or what but since doing that the bulb hasn't turned off on its own. So yeah, you might want to try unenabling and then re-enabling the TP-Link Kasa skill if you own an Alexa device.

Options
Related Articles