What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone

What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone

2019-12-19 10:06:44 - last edited 2023-10-12 11:32:42

It can be divided into two parts: the basic configuration and the unstable connection issue.

For the basic configuration issue, below are some installation guidance.

For NC series camera:

1. How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

2. How to connect the cloud camera to your router's wireless network via camera’s web interface?

For KASA camera:

1. Setup video.

2. How Do I Setup my Kasa Cam?

For Tapo C200

1. Setup video

2. How to set up the Tapo camera

3. How to manage your Tapo camera with the third-party software

Note:

1. The APP varies due to the different cameras. tpCamera app is available for NC series, KASA app for KASA camera and Tapo app for Tapo C200.

2. Please use the main router’s wifi password to configure it. 

3. Please ensure that the OS version of the smart phone is up to date.

4. Try to hard reset the camera first and set it up.

5. Change another smart phone.

For the unstable connection issue, below are some suggestions.  

1. Ensure that the camera gets good signal strength from the main router, and you can move it closer to the main router.

2. If all cameras lost connection at the same time, please confirm the stability of other wireless devices; and ensure that the firmware is up to date.

3. If only one camera lost connection, try to swap the locations between the cameras to verify whether it is the camera itself or the location/network environment.

4. Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router to optimize the wireless performance. Like wireless channel and channel width.

5. Try to reserve an IP for the camera on the web UI of the main router, you can contact the tech support of the main router to get some help.

6. Besides, you can refer to What should I do if I cannot control my Kasa device?

If the issue still exists, you can leave a comment below with the information needed or you can start a new thread on the community for further help.

A.The model number of the camera and how many cameras do you have in total and the affected camera.

B.The hardware and firmware version of the camera.

C.The troubleshooting methods you have tried and the results.

D.The model number of the main router.

E.The purchase date of the camera.

Options
29 Reply
Re:What I should do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone?
2020-01-21 15:58:50

@priyankush was that the correct blog that you linked?  Because there's nothing about cameras on there :D

Options
Re:What I should do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone?
2020-02-20 05:51:57

@Kevin_Z good sir what I should if I cannot connect tp Link app smart phone ...

Options
2020-02-21 07:11:58

@Sourav329 

Could you please provide more information about the current issue? Including the model number, the APP you use, and the current issue. 

Options
2020-02-23 00:00:27

@Kevin_Z watch  detailed  video    on TP-LINK  on inernet and find  detailed information.

Options
2020-03-01 14:43:01 - last edited 2020-03-01 14:43:18

is connection to cloud mandatory ? or can i use my camera offline without connecting to tplink cloud. ?

Options
2020-03-04 05:46:16 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:24

@klisza1993 

Hi, you can use the camera in the local network without connecting to the cloud.

Options
2020-05-07 13:50:58

@Kevin_Z Good I got very useful ,thanks 

Options
2020-06-13 06:15:10 - last edited 2020-06-13 07:21:34

Hello everyone.
I have not found here soluntion on the qustion - "What I should do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone?"

I have Tapo C200 and I have't new smart phone only with old android system. And I can't install special APP for this camera. I had try to conection via iSpy, but need default user name and pwd.

Help me pls. I need setup my pasword and start camera via my PC.

How can i do it?

Best regards, Michael from Russia, Tomsk city.

Options
2020-06-26 16:05:01 - last edited 2020-06-26 16:06:20

@Kevin_Z This is idiot and stupidly confusing.

Do you see yourself writing?

You can have 3 cameras from the same brand and need 3 different apps to use them!

Does this make sense to anyone?

It is borderline consumer scamming, the consumer has to know that the NC cameras use tpCamera, the Kasa (KC) use Kasa app, and Tapo (C) cameras use Tapo app. I buy a TP-Link camera, I get home and find that it does not work with the app I already have and already have some devices on it.

Worst, you do not give a way to use them via 3rd party software, some can use RSTP (Tapo) but not he others.

With these cameras you cannot create a dashboard for instance, in which to see a feed from your cameras at the same time.

I liked your brand, but now I will continuing automating my home with a brand that does not create new incompatible apps for the same brand hardware.

Options
2020-08-11 07:44:44

Hello everyone.
I still haven't found a solution to connecting TP-link camera through an App or a smart phone.

I have Tapo C200 and I have Iphone XR.

How can i do it?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 16858

Replies: 29