Votes

kasa app for desktop

Votes

kasa app for desktop

61 Reply
Re:kasa app for desktop
2022-09-18 19:34:45

@kmacdowell  You're probably talking about Bl**St***s. That's what I use to run Kasa on my computer. My issue with it is the amount of time it takes the emulator to start running to the point that you can bring up the Kasa app. I have a very fast laptop, quadcore i7 with 16gb memory and s.2 drive, and it still takes 8 seconds to load and another 3 seconds to start Kasa. It would be painfully slow on a low end laptop.

I agree that tp-link has the resources to develop a desktop app but the fact is that users have been directing complaints to them for at least 4 years and they still haven't come up with an app. But it's all about money. If people keep buying their product then why spend money developing an app?

Paul

Options
2022-09-18 19:53:48 - last edited 2022-09-18 19:56:51

@Paul_Venice "I agree that tp-link has the resources to develop a desktop app but the fact is that users have been directing complaints to them for at least 4 years and they still haven't come up with an app. But it's all about money. If people keep buying their product then why spend money developing an app?"

yup.

but since similar devices off no better option at more $ ......

Options
Re:kasa app for desktop-Solution
2022-12-22 08:11:10 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:12:37

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback and sharing different ways to manage your Kasa devices on a PC, we would like to make a summary of some workaround shared from our users here: 

1. You may install an Android emulator* to manage your Kasa devices or stream kasa cam, shared by community user @Little_C 

Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestack

2. Use Amazon or Google Voice command to control Kasa devices

Alexa: How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa
Google: How to connect your TP-Link Kasa devices to Google Home

3. Other Workaround:  some users also use third party desktop app like ' Home Assistant' * to manage smart devices

Disclaimer:  * Andriod emulators or Home Assistant or other third-party apps may meet the requirement,  kindly note that they are not one of TP-Link official partner apps, so we can not guarantee the  third-party software will be accurate or reliable or fully compatible with your kasa device. 

Really appreciated your understanding. 

Welcome to share how you manage your kasa device on a computer. We will keep this post updated for any new workarounds. Thanks everyone.

More Articles:

【New Arrival 】 HomeKit Device RoundUp

【New APP Test】 Kasa APP 3.0

Recommended Solution
Options
RE:kasa app for desktop
2022-12-28 10:56:48
It would be great to have a desktop version of the kasa app. Would it be possibe to introduce additional features there? Like having the oppertunity to extract all the temperature data (smart thermostat KE100) into an excel/csv file. Thank you :)
Options
2022-12-28 22:34:24
Well, that's absolutely ridiculous!!
Options
2022-12-28 22:35:34

@Kevin_Z That's absolutely ridiculous!

Options
2022-12-28 22:36:30

Kevin_Z wrote

@Cyraxote 

Hello, thank you all for the suggestions.

While there is no plan to add the support for the Kasa app on a PC or computer, Kasa app is only compatible with mobile devices but not computers.

That's absolutely ridiculous!  @Kevin_Z 

Options
2023-01-03 20:11:30
great idea
Options
RE:kasa app for <span class='search-highlight'>desktop</span>
2023-01-25 16:10:54
Definitely would like to see a desktop site. Please create that for us.
Options
2023-02-06 22:22:00
I was pretty floored to learn there is NO Windows or Mac support for the KASA product line! This is 2023, and porting Android apps to Windows is done every day, by companies with far fewer resources than TP-Link. I like the features of the Kasa camera I bought, but since TP-Link seems dead set on ignoring reasonable requests like this one, despite hearing their customers repeat the request over a period of several years, I'll probably take the hint and move to another brand that already offers what I'm looking for. Time to wake up, TP-Link...
Options

Voters 26

+ 22 Voters