Feature Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Feature Requests
Feature Requests
2020-09-21 19:10:45

The forum is the only place I've found for product and feature requests so here's what I'm interested in seeing from TPL in the future:

PRODUCTS

Ceiling Fan Speed Control Switch

I'm trying to stick to the TP-Link Kasa ecosystem as much as possible for smart switches and receptacles/plugs and what is really missing for me is a ceiling fan switch.

I'm perfectly fine with a fan mounted light requiring a second switch but I really don't want to have to go outside Kasa for supporting fan speed control.

Currently I have a HS200 controlling the fan and a HS220 controlling the light but I still have to use fan mounted pull cords or a separate fan controller and remote for fan speed selection.

Motion Sensor

Many smart cameras offer motion sensing but they're usually tempermental and unreliable. A plain and simple PIR sensor is typically best. Something that would integrate nicely and hopefully not require a hub. If battery powered, I'm a fan of rechargable devices (bonus points if removable battery), but I also do not shy away from hardwired devices.

FEATURES

Switch Light Indicator

I'd like the option for the circle indicator light on the switch to be shown regardless the state of the switch to be able to locate them in the dark. Not every switch controls a light and not every controlled light is co-located with the switch.

Dimming Profiles for the HS220

It's well known that many LED bulbs benefit from being paired with a LED specific dimmer and that the HS220 isn't considered that. However, a smart device like this I imagine is very capable of supporting programming that allows for non-linear dimming profiles that better support LED lighting. We're given dimming calibration to adjust the lower power level threshold so this is just the next step. Incandescant bulbs run fine on the HS220 and dim linearly but LED bulbs only dim in the lowest 4 steps and are full brightness on the upper 3 steps. If the same calibration tool would let you adjust the upper threshold then the dimming range would be better spread across all 7 steps. Or just allow for selection of a different, non-linear profile (example below).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Requests
2020-09-25 09:42:03

@MAZE 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We have reported all the feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

And they are all very useful small tips, but it might take quite a long time to make it happen.

So anymore who shared the same interest, please feel free to post it here.

So maybe we could enjoy these functions in the near future.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 366

Replies: 1

Related Articles