Tapo stays in red light and offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-03 21:53:03 - last edited 2022-07-19 02:54:08
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having a problem with my tapo c200 camera. It stays in red and seems to be offline. I tried to reset it but it does not work, it stay in red light. Thank you to those who can help me.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo stays in red light and offline-Solution
2021-07-02 09:42:10 - last edited 2022-07-19 02:54:08

@Biddut123  Hello, 

With camera powered on, press the reset button for more than 5 secs and see Led blinks Red. Wait for 2 mins and check if the system Led is flashing Red and Green. 

Or if Camera responds to factory reset with voice message like"  Reset was done ' 

If the system led is Solid Red, it could be a hardware issue on camera, may I know was there any firmware update failure/ power outage/thunder causing this problem? 

It is recommended to contact retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

Hope this could help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
17 Reply
Re:Tapo stays in red light and offline
2020-10-09 02:18:07 - last edited 2021-07-01 06:41:54

@Jayr 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know how long you have you had the camera and where are you located?

Have you tried to unplug the power adapter and plug it back, then reset it one more time to have a look?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-09 13:53:50

@Brook 

this one didn't help. Im using tapo c100. I have 2 c100 units in our house. The first one i bought works just fine. 

Last week I ordered a new one since I thought c100 is a good security camera. I have reset and rebooted the unit multiple times. reseated the power cord, and even plugging it to other outlet. The unit works in the first 1 hour but after that, the camera disconnects, it shows offline in the app, then the unit itself is stuck in red light. Please provide other steps on how to resolve this. Thanks!

Options
2020-12-15 07:09:26

@Manuelito 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we would like to follow up on your case by email, and could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the model number of your home router?

2. If trying to swap the location of the two cameras,  would it always be the same camera having this issue?

3.What need to do if you want to recover the connection, like rebooting the camera or the router?

4.If the smartphone connected to the same router’s Wi-Fi,  are you able to live-view and control the camera locally?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-28 16:37:46

@TP-Link 

hi, 

I have exactly the same issue. C100

I have tried 100x to reset and reboot, but after 1h the camera crush again., And red lights appear. please contact me to fix it ASAP. 

Options
2021-04-09 18:12:03

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, tried everything written before.

Could you please help me as well?

Bought 11-23-2020 from Alza.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zoltan

Options
2021-05-19 10:15:23 - last edited 2021-05-19 10:22:13

I have the same problem since last few days and nothing helps. The model is C200 purchased 6-7 months before.

Options
2021-06-15 16:49:47

@Kanchan_Rai same problem 

I've bought it yesterday,

wel configured,  if run 20 minutes.

after that I've switched off of power.

after 10 minutes when I've switches on,  it seems red light on, severel times reset & unplug powar cable, but it unchanged!!

pls help

Options
2021-06-15 16:50:30

@Biddut123 model c100

Options
2021-06-29 23:20:34

@Stevens 

They have the worst customer support ever. I wont advise anyone to by their product. I live in Norway and they ask me to bring it to repair in Malaysia. When I asked to get it substituted at local shop, they said it is not possible. And they have no solution for this trouble, which means they are selling defective technology that relates to updating firmware. In other words they are selling product which is not ready for the commercial sells. It is like vaccinating people without trail and approval.

I copied the feedback I received beliw

Dear Sir/Madam

Thanks you contacting TPLINK

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks you info, From your info may be device problem, please send to Malaysia Service Centre for checking and warranty process if confirm this problem

1.Please bring your device , receipt, Tracking Number&  email proof(All Conversation )go to Plaza Berjaya level 3 for checking&warranty process

2.If you no convenient , can try to courier to Plaza Berjaya level 3

When you send to Malaysia Service centre please attach, your name, contact number , address, purchase receipt , received tracking number& this email proof to Malaysia Service centre.

Options
2021-07-01 07:14:33 - last edited 2021-07-01 10:02:39

@Kanchan_Rai  Hello, 
Sorry to hear that the customers service you have experienced is less than satisfactory. TP-Link doesn’t provide global warranty service and you can only get a replacement from the region where you purchase your product from. From the email it is possible that support mistook your country, it is recommended to reply their email with the correct country so they could help transfer to the right Service Center.

If you would like to review our warranty policy, you can find it on our website at this link
https://www.tp-link.com/support/replacement-warranty/

Options

Information

Helpful: 74

Views: 35972

Replies: 17

Related Articles