Smart bulb suddenly turns on and off randomly after 2 years of working fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart bulb suddenly turns on and off randomly after 2 years of working fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Smart bulb suddenly turns on and off randomly after 2 years of working fine
2021-11-02 21:54:32
I have the same issue with my LB120 and latest official firmware 1.8.11. The reccomended solution doesnt provide a fix for LB120. Did somebody find a working solution? Pretty frustrating because it worked fine for a long time.
Options
2021-11-02 22:14:42

@Yhi 

Ended up sending mine back. No solution!

Options
2021-11-04 10:01:20

Hello @Yhi You could try some troubleshooting steps for smart bulb to help exclude the issue:

• Double check Kasa app settings: Smart action/Away mode/ Schedule/Timer , please delete related settings first . 
  • Please unbind kasa from the third-party apps temporality ,  like Home Automation/ Alexa /Google home etc. 

Can you help describe the phenomenon when that happens:  e.g.  LB120 living room light turned on at 8AM and immediately went off 
If issue persists, may I know what are the devices have this issue, does it happen at regular time or randomly?  Do you use any third-party app to control smart device or recently have any new device in your home network. 

Options
Related Articles