C200 Cameras works on local wifi but not on mobile on my celular only, it works on my wifi's celular

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C200 Cameras works on local wifi but not on mobile on my celular only, it works on my wifi's celular

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 14:16:27
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

Hi.

I've bought 3 Tapo C200 cameras and I was able to setup and all worked on local network, but whenever I'm on mobile data I cannot see the live preview, but everything else works, I can reboot and manage all 3 cameras, I've shared all cameras with my WiFi, and strangely enough it works on her cellphone either oin mobile on local WiFi, and to make the matter even more strange if I connect to my wife cellphone personal hotspot (her 4g) I can see the live preview, it feels like some how my phone can't access the cameras using 4G, I've tried to reboot my routers (Deco M4), my internet router, changed the dns to be 8.8.8.8, reset my cellphone network settings, I'm out of ideas and I need help ASAP since I'm going to travel and need to access the camers.

Thanks in advance.  

Options
5 Reply
Re:C200 Cameras works on local wifi but not on mobile on my celular only, it works on my wifi's celular
2020-11-18 02:50:23

@wsantos 

Good Day,

Did the live view over 3/4g work before on your smartphone, or it never worked?

May I know the model number of your smartphone and who is your SIM card carrier?

Have you tried to swap the SIM card with your wife to see If her phone with your SIM card is able to live view the camera over 3/4G network?

Thank you very much!

Options
Re:C200 Cameras works on local wifi but not on mobile on my celular only, it works on my wifi's celular
2020-11-18 12:48:08
Tbh I never tried it before, so I'm not sure if it works or not before, I've tried to logging on my Wife's iPhone and it worked there, I'll try to swap the SIM Card to check Phone: IPhone XS Max IOS 14.0.1, the carrier is Vodaphone for both phones.same for the model and iOS
Options
2020-11-24 10:35:21

@wsantos 

Thanks for your cooperation.

How about now and did everything work well?

Thanks!

Options
2021-05-10 01:56:07

@wsantos 

I am having the same issue. Any wifi will let me in but my own 3G/4G won't even let me log in into the app. It kicks me out and asks me for my credentials but it will say error and never connect. My ISP is Telcel in Mexico.

On the other hand, my iPad is using a different ISP (Yotelco Mexico) and it lets me connect right away. 

Options
2021-05-13 08:54:56

@maalrivba Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Do you mean your phone could always login tapo app except when using (Telcel Mexico) network?

May I have a photo of the Error message when you try to login Tapo app? Do you always use the same tp-link ID and password? 

If your ipad also uses a SIM card, can you try (Yotelco Mexico) SIM card on mobile phone and see if the issue will be gone? 

Please also help confirm some details to locate the problem, thank you~

• Model & MAC address of camera:
  • Tapo app version:
  • Model of your phone and its IOS/ Andriod version: 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2013

Replies: 5

Related Articles