Tapo C200 offline on mobile data and failure to update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 15:08:59 - last edited 2021-04-02 09:55:53
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Issue 1.

I can't see my Tapo C200 on a different network then my local one...for example on my cellular data or my wifi at office.I've tried everything from reseting the router ,the camera etc.

My internet is working just fine and i have no issues with other cameras...one is even located at 35 m from the router and is working fine.

Issue 2

Failed to update everytime 

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 offline on mobile data and failure to update-Solution
2021-04-02 09:55:05 - last edited 2021-04-19 06:10:37

@gacp69

21-04-19 update: removed 1 troubleshooting step.

Good day, 

If you met the same issue that Tapo camera goes offline when you begin to use mobile data (3G or 4G) and other Wi-Fi network,  please try some suggestions here: 

1.  Please check if there is any advanced features on router enabled such as parental control or firewall/QoS function, turn that off first. 

2.  Make sure the camera is receiving a good signal by checking the signal strength of the camera on the APP.

How to check the signal strength: On the APP, go to Camera settings->click the name of the Camera->signal strength

3. Make sure tapo firmware in tapo app and tapo APP version are both up to date 

Please kindly help to confirm some details if you have checked the above settings: 

1) What is the Model number of your router, and your  network topology: for example,  ISP  modem --- router Archer AX10 < wireless >Tapo C200. 

2)  Does camera go offline every time you switch to mobile data/ or a non- local Wi-Fi network?  

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 offline on mobile data and failure to update
2020-12-29 03:40:54

@RaulC 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

How many cameras do you have and only this camera could not be remote-controlled, right?

When you go to the camera settings, would there be any remote control option here?

What is the model number of your home router?

Have you reset this camera once before?

And as for the firmware upgrade, none of the camera would be updated, or only the one with remote control issue?

Moreover, would you please send me the MAC address of the problematic camera via private message?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Tapo C200 offline on mobile data and failure to update
2021-04-01 05:55:48

@RaulC I have the same issue. Do you find a solution? My mobile app is updated (2.2.46) as well the firmware (1.0.17) in cameras. Just when I leave home and try to check cameras over cellular data, they appear offline.

Options
Re:Tapo C200 offline on mobile data and failure to update-Solution
2021-04-02 09:55:05 - last edited 2021-04-19 06:10:37

@gacp69

21-04-19 update: removed 1 troubleshooting step.

Good day, 

If you met the same issue that Tapo camera goes offline when you begin to use mobile data (3G or 4G) and other Wi-Fi network,  please try some suggestions here: 

1.  Please check if there is any advanced features on router enabled such as parental control or firewall/QoS function, turn that off first. 

2.  Make sure the camera is receiving a good signal by checking the signal strength of the camera on the APP.

How to check the signal strength: On the APP, go to Camera settings->click the name of the Camera->signal strength

3. Make sure tapo firmware in tapo app and tapo APP version are both up to date 

Please kindly help to confirm some details if you have checked the above settings: 

1) What is the Model number of your router, and your  network topology: for example,  ISP  modem --- router Archer AX10 < wireless >Tapo C200. 

2)  Does camera go offline every time you switch to mobile data/ or a non- local Wi-Fi network?  

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4246

Replies: 3