Tapo C200 offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C200 offline
Tapo C200 offline
2021-01-12 21:41:35 - last edited 2022-06-16 11:39:01
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hello everyone. I have a big problem with Tapo C200 ... the camera works for the first few minutes and then goes offline and I am forced to restart always unplugging. I noticed the steady green LED and sometimes the infrared LEDs stay on as if it were blocked. please help me I don't know what to do anymore. i tried everything described in the guide but i couldn't solve the problem.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 offline-Solution
2022-06-16 11:29:39 - last edited 2022-06-16 11:39:01

Hello everyone, 

If you experience some unstable issue with Tapo camera , please check out some tips in troubleshooting FAQ here that may help!

Troubleshooting: What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

If the same issue persist, please Start a New thread  and help provide some details and we'd like to help look into that further: 

1. Led status on a smart device when it is offline: Red/ Flashing Green/ Solid Green etc.

2. MAC address of the Camera

3. TP-Link ID email address

4. When the issue occurs, does the smart device work in the local network?

For a test, connect your mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network at that time and see if the Tapo device is still accessible in the local network?

5. the model number Wi-Fi router and your network topology:

e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> tapo device

6. How often does the issue happen, and how does the recover the connection, like reboot the camera or reboot the router?

7. Enable Diagnose mode, get the log of the camera, and share the log file.

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 offline
2021-01-13 09:31:00

@Jackal.80 

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1.What is the model number of your home router?

2. Would the LED start blinking green when it is offline on the APP?

3. How long have you had the camera and when did this issue start?

4. if you checked on the DHCP client list on the home router, will you still see the camera when it is offline or could the camera still get IP address from the router?

By the way, would other mobile devices in the same network have the same instability issue?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-13 18:27:08

@TP-Link 

then...

1-the model of the router is a webcube4, it is a Italy modem for mobile data network.

2-the green led flashes slowly when it goes offline.

3-I have the camera for about 6 months and it worked fine the first 2 months.

4-when it goes offline I see it in the list for a while, then it disappears.

I have another camera from a different brand and this one has always worked perfectly and continues to work smoothly.

Options
2021-01-14 17:51:24
anyone have ideas to solve the problem? possible that the problems arose with the updates? would it be possible to perform a firmware downgrade to see if that was the problem?
Options
2021-01-16 15:38:45

@Jackal.80 

You won't find a solution to your problem. There are so many of us having the exact same problem. Some cameras work, some get offline all the time. I have tried everything. There is no solution from our part. And you won't get any answers from support. They are the worst support ever. They reply with the same "copy/paste" asnwers and they never contact you with a real solution... I have kept 1 of the 2 i had that works and the other is going for a return...

Options
2021-01-18 15:54:01

I am having the same problem of c200 showing offline most of the time when accessing it through the internet. I have hikvision cameras and they connect every time.

It's disappointing that they come out with a cool looking camera and app but it is not robust in it's main function.

Tapo team, please do the right thing and provide a fix.  Otherwise,  I am going to write bad reviews wherever c200 are being sold.

Options
Re:Tapo C200 offline-Solution
2022-06-16 11:29:39 - last edited 2022-06-16 11:39:01

Hello everyone, 

If you experience some unstable issue with Tapo camera , please check out some tips in troubleshooting FAQ here that may help!

Troubleshooting: What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

If the same issue persist, please Start a New thread  and help provide some details and we'd like to help look into that further: 

1. Led status on a smart device when it is offline: Red/ Flashing Green/ Solid Green etc.

2. MAC address of the Camera

3. TP-Link ID email address

4. When the issue occurs, does the smart device work in the local network?

For a test, connect your mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network at that time and see if the Tapo device is still accessible in the local network?

5. the model number Wi-Fi router and your network topology:

e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> tapo device

6. How often does the issue happen, and how does the recover the connection, like reboot the camera or reboot the router?

7. Enable Diagnose mode, get the log of the camera, and share the log file.

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3470

Replies: 6

Related Articles