KL430 - will not enter/cannot enable setup mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 13:26:53
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I have purchased four (4) KL430 light strips for use in my newly remodeled kitchen.  I was able to quickly and easily connect 3 of the KL430 light strips for use under cabinets.   However, the last/4th KL430 will not connect.   It simply will not enter setup mode and does not flash orange & green.   I thought it might be the lighting strip itself, so I used one of the extra strips from one of the other 3 units that I had successfully installed, but still no dice.   I've even tried standing there holding the button on the controller for over 1 minute.  I don't know what else to try, but it sure seems like the controller unit might be defective.

Options
5 Reply
Re:KL430 - will not enter/cannot enable setup mode
2021-01-25 07:31:46

@DVB 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Have you tried to power off the KL430 for a few minutes and then refer to the following link to reset it again to have a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2660/

And if still nothing happened, have you tried to swap the controllers to check whether this strip could be reset to the default mode;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-25 19:37:33 - last edited 2021-01-26 01:14:15

@TP-Link   Yes, I have tried unplugging the KL430 for a few minutes and then (per the instructions/link you sent)  pressed and held the button on the controller for 10 seconds until the Light Strip is supposed to flash orange and green.  The problem is that the light strip never does flash orange & green at all.

I did swap the controller for this strip with another one and it was able to work perfectly; just like the other KL430 strips that I have working.   So, it seems to me that this controller unit is defective.  Would it be possible to get a replacement?  If you would please send me a UPS or FedEx label, I can ship this one back to you to get a replacement.

Options
2021-01-26 08:18:43

@DVB 

Hi, yes!

And  for further details about the replacement, please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-02-22 23:21:57

@TP-Link hi, it seems like I'm having the same issue. Just hooked up light strips in my kitchen and they wouldn't enter setup mode-- but then I removed the connector/ remote portion from the light strip I have upstairs and it worked. So it seems the connector is faulty. Is there a way to get a replacement part?

Options
2021-02-23 09:33:33

@Anwhite234 Hi, if the power adapter or controller is faulty,you could contact our local technical support to check warranty

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 715

Replies: 5