How to disable microphone on Kasa Spot KC105?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 19:06:46 - last edited 2021-03-11 19:08:01
Model: KC105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm trying to stop the KC105 from sending sound along with live video (that is, I want it to ONLY broadcast video).  Several household members have access to the camera to view a portion of a room, but they shouldn't be eavesdropping on sound.

The Kasa app (Android) doesn't appear to be able to shut off the live sound.  I looked in the forums here and in product reviews, and nobody has found a way to do that. Many people, consequently, are saying they're unhappy with the Spot series of devices.

So, how do I shut off live sound?

And if there's not a way to do it via sotware or an app, how do I shut it off in the hardware?  For example, where is the microphone located on the KC105?  I'd be happy to put a drop of glue in it or cover the mic with tape.

Thanks,

Erik & his mostly-smart house. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to disable microphone on Kasa Spot KC105?
2021-03-18 01:10:52

@SmartHomeErik Hi, 

You could go to Kasa app-> tap Camera-> tap " Gear " button on right top->  Device settings" and turn off " Record Audio" 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1572

Replies: 1

Related Articles