Talk voice Call doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 19:54:06
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Finally got round to setting these 2 Camera up. On the Phone I can hear Sound, play back looks fine. I get notifications, Pan and tilt works.
However

I press Talk - Then Hold the Mic Button and Speak, nothing comes out of the Speakers on Either. And Same on Voice call is the same, just no sound out the Speakers. The Speakers work, but I got the Voices for Connecting to Wifi etc. Just once installed, the 2 way Talk Features nothing works. I am using Samsung Note 20 Ultra. I read a few people have same issues but no one ever gets an answer, they just get asked a few questions and no reply.  So anyone found a fix for this please

Options
4 Reply
Re:Talk voice Call doesn't work
2021-03-18 22:15:55

@Davidpne Having spoke to Samsung and TP Link, its an App issue on Android. They want me to fix and tell them how. I won't be doing that, they going back

Options
2021-03-22 06:52:14 - last edited 2021-03-22 09:38:24

@Davidpne Hello, 

It does not looks like the issue on speaker, and  requires some further analysis, you could try suggestions here: 

1) On tapo app, tune up the speaker on Tapo app first. 

2) For a test, please set Alarm for motion detection, and see if camera will got Alarm sound from its speaker? 

3) Please try the Beta APP I sent to via private message, and help collect the Camera Log, thank you. 

4) Does the speaker work when you access the camera locally (connected to Home Wi-Fi)? Please share  a photo of the Live view page show "Local" or"  Remote"when the speaker does not work. 

Options
2021-06-27 13:12:16

Hi There. I did everything you said above. I turned the camera's microphone and Speaking at the highest level, turned the alarm on (still working), reset and unplugged. Did everything but nothing happens. Same issue. I have been using Talk and Voice Call for two years and now I couldn't use it for a week. A bit confused. 

Options
2021-07-01 10:34:29 - last edited 2021-07-01 11:19:07

@ChucNguyen.  Hello,

If Alarm is still working, the speaker hardware should be OK. 

Do you mean when use Talk/ Voice call, there is no Sound on Camera side? Is there any Error message when you use Talk/ Voice call or just no sound from the camera? 

Please confirm your device firmware and Tapo version are both up  to date. 

May I know what is the model and its Andriod or IOS version of your phone? What is your Tapo app version? 

Does the Live view page show "Local" or"  Remote"when the speaker does not work?

Please help collect the log after speaker does not work: 

How to get the logs:
Step 1: Insert an SD card into the camera.

Step 2: On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.
Step 3: Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.
Step 4: Please plug the SD card into the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us. The name of the file is ‘Diagnose Log’.
Thank you ~

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 6563

Replies: 4

Related Articles