VOICE CALL won't work (C320WS)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 06:13:59
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.05

I have a TAPO C320WS camera. I just realized that VOICE CALL feature doesn't work. It works, but only in ONE directon. When I speak from my phone it can be heard on the camera. But camera MIC won't record any sound and transfer it to the phone app.

When camera only recording without voice call activated it DOES RECORD all the sounds. So microphone is working. Just some software issue appears.

I DID:

- increase microphone sensitivity

- increase volume on the phone

I TRIED on two separate phones:

- iOS

- android

Nothing worked!

I was searching through the community and saw that there are many same requests for a different models. So it is obviously a software issue. Some of the requests are from couple of years ago. How come TP-LINK can't solve this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:VOICE CALL won't work (C320WS)
2023-09-07 09:39:45

@Milanche 

Hello,  
Thank you for the case report. I did a test with a Tapo cam, and the Voice Call feature is working. To locate your problem, please help confirm the following information.

1. On the Live View page of the Tapo C320WS, can you hear the voice from the camera side when the voice call is not activated?

2. When the voice call is activated, can you send me a picture of the Voice Call page? And please tap the icon at the top right corner of the Voice Call page, how about the Camera's Microphone and Camera's Speaker volume settings?

3. When the voice call is activated, can't you hear any voice from the camera side, or only a human voice can't be heard?

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-07 11:20:33 - last edited 2023-09-07 11:23:15

@Solla-topee 

1. Yes, I can hear the voice from the camera side just fine, until I press icon to start the call over voice call. The moment I press call icon everything go mute.

2. https://i.imgur.com/OhivJDU.jpg

3. When the voice call is activated I can't hear any voice. The moment I end a call the soundscare there again.

--------------

There is several same questions on the community so it is obviously not only my problem. Since mic is working until voice call starts it is obviously not a hardware problem. Could you please solve this? This feature is one of the main reason I bought this camera.

Options
2023-09-08 09:35:29

@Milanche 

Hi,
The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will likely contact you via email to continue the troubleshooting. 
Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options