Kasa devices reboot randomly

Kasa devices reboot randomly

52 Reply
Re:Kasa devices reboot randomly
2024-03-23 11:28:48

@Wayne-TP 

Wayne-TP wrote

@Ramias 

Have you tried to switch a different power outlet? Perform a factory reset on the device, leave it in a non-configured status, minimize connected appliances, and monitor if the issue persists.

If I follow this advice, what is the point of having a smart switch? Maybe TP should actually fix the firmware or provide mail us all new switches. I'm happy to send you my HS220 switches and you can do all the troubleshooting you want.

Switches that turn off at random and JUNK!

Options
Re:Kasa devices reboot randomly
2024-03-26 07:06:41

MikeHudson wrote

@Wayne-TP 

Wayne-TP wrote

@Ramias 

Have you tried to switch a different power outlet? Perform a factory reset on the device, leave it in a non-configured status, minimize connected appliances, and monitor if the issue persists.

If I follow this advice, what is the point of having a smart switch? Maybe TP should actually fix the firmware or provide mail us all new switches. I'm happy to send you my HS220 switches and you can do all the troubleshooting you want.

Switches that turn off at random and JUNK!

@MikeHudson This suggestion can help eliminate whether certain feature settings are causing this abnormal phenomenon.

Can you share the information on the load devices connected to your switch? What's the type of light bulb? What's the dimming type? The rated power? How many bulbs are connected?

A very basic but easily overlooked important piece of information is that the switch has requirements for the load devices. Prolonged connection of inappropriate bulbs or load devices can easily lead to hardware damage in the product.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options