does the p100 programmed time plan still work when wifi is down or router loses internet connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

does the p100 programmed time plan still work when wifi is down or router loses internet connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-03 20:11:53 - last edited 2022-10-13 06:12:21
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.5 Build 20210122 Rel.57265

Hi! I couldn't find the info in the forum or the bad manual. for both P100 and HS100 and my archer c7 i use the newest firmwares!

1. the eventual problematic case:

My TP-Link Archer C7 Router (used as access point) has a problem and wifi network is completely offline (already happened one time because the LAN-cable was broken and popped out of the ethernet port........ ;) ). Does the Tapo P100 NEEDS the time-sync from the router or do the plugs "remember" date and time so that the sheduled time plan (power on @9AM and power off @2PM) still works?

2. the second case:

The ISP router is offline, but the archer c7 still works and the wifi is available, but no internet connection. Does the P100 plugs also power on and shut down like programmed?

2.1. Would it help to deactivate time-sync on the archer c7 so that the plugs get date and time or do they NEED a working internet connection?

3. ISP Router and Archer c7 are offline, because there ist a power problem in the whole room, where both devices are placed. Do the P100 plugs (with the programmed time plan...) still work when there is still power in the rooms where the power still works?

4. I also have one (!) Kasa HS100 - maybe someone can answer the questions/cases for this device too.

The problem ist: i am not at home most of the time, so every plug should work even if there are wifi problems. otherwise i have to drive several hours home just to manually reset one or both routers...

thx for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:does the p100 programmed time plan still work when wifi is down or router loses internet connection?-Solution
2021-05-24 09:27:59 - last edited 2022-10-13 06:12:21

@h3rm Good day, 

Schedule settings are saved on the Tapo Plug/ Kasa plug itself, so they can function without internet. 

Schedule rules still take effect when router is powered off.
But kindly note that when smart plug is unplugged / physically lost power plug  will stop timing and schedule does not work in that situation.  

(Plug should stay in the same power socket and have power)

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:does the p100 programmed time plan still work when wifi is down or router loses internet connection?-Solution
2021-05-24 09:27:59 - last edited 2022-10-13 06:12:21

@h3rm Good day, 

Schedule settings are saved on the Tapo Plug/ Kasa plug itself, so they can function without internet. 

Schedule rules still take effect when router is powered off.
But kindly note that when smart plug is unplugged / physically lost power plug  will stop timing and schedule does not work in that situation.  

(Plug should stay in the same power socket and have power)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1650

Replies: 1