I can't use the tapoc100 with mobile data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 06:15:38

when I'm at home, be able to use it perfectly.  when I go out, I can't access it via mobile data, which is what I need.

please!!! HELP me ❤️

Options
4 Reply
Re:I can't use the tapoc100 with mobile data
2021-05-22 10:50:37

@AyalaMatioli 

Sounds silly, but sometimes turning off your phones data, then turning it back on after a few seconds can help establish a better 4g connection.  Sometimes, bandwidth of 4g in UK is poor, and can struggle to support HD video, however, your Tapo app should at least switch its resolution to LQ for this reason.   Using your Wifi, open Tapo and manually select LQ then switch off your wifi on phone, leaving data on.              

How did that work out ?

It might also be that perhaps you have an Android using Android10 ?      There are many extra settings in this OS, like ''Unrestricted Data'' for apps for eg.  

Are you on Android ? What version ?  What brand phone ?

Options
2021-05-22 11:01:28 - last edited 2021-05-22 11:02:34

AyalaMatioli

​​​​​​. .. When I go out, I can't access it via mobile data

@AyalaMatioli Try to explain this a a little bit more, what does it mean 'I can't access'? 

Options
2021-05-24 05:50:23 - last edited 2021-05-24 08:10:26

@AyalaMatioli 

If Tapo camera works fine in Local Wi-Fi, but goes OFFLINE using 3G/4G mobile data or other WiFi: 

1.  Turn off advanced features on router like parental control / Firewall/QoS function etc. 

2.  Make sure the camera is receiving a good signal by checking the signal strength of the camera on the APP.

How to check the signal strength: On the APP, go to Camera settings->click the name of the Camera->signal strength

3. Make sure tapo firmware in tapo app and tapo APP version are both up to date 

4. Please try a different mobile phone/ or connect phone to a different non-local Wi-Fi , does that camera work on a Different non-local network? 

Please help provide some details if you have checked the above settings: 

1) Model number of  router and the network topology: for example,  ISP  modem --- router Archer AX10 < wireless >Tapo camera. 

2) Does camera go offline every time you switch to mobile data/ a non- local Wi-Fi network? 

Who is SIM card company? 

3) How about the Leds status on camera at that time?

4) Model of your phone and its Andriod / IOS version 

May I have a photo of the Error message when you use mobile data 

Options
2021-05-24 06:08:43 - last edited 2021-05-24 06:12:00

@AyalaMatioli At worst case, it could be a problem with Carrier-grade NAT ...

Options