Help with Alexa and Kasa Scenes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-28 22:00:25

Sorry for the newbie question but I can't seem the figure this out. 

installed under cabinet snd in cabinet lighting in my kitchen and wetbar. I wanted a way to create an easy way for Alexa to turn on the mood lighting at night. 

so I grouped the 3-4 switches and called it Kitchen Lights. I also created a "Scene" for Alexa to recognize it. I can now turn them on. 

my question is...I can't figure out how to turn them off. Telling Alexa to turn off kitchen lights doesn't work ("doesn't support that"). Creating another scene with them defaulted to off and a different name didn't seem to work. 

can anyone help? All switches are dimmer switches.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help with Alexa and Kasa Scenes
2021-05-29 02:00:07

@Bubs4113 Don't use the word light(s) as a device name.

Use say Kitchen counter, Kitchen cabinet, Kitchen wetbar

Then tell Alexa turn on/off Kitchen Lights.

Let us know how it goes.

Options
2021-05-29 21:20:41

@B.Will 

Did that. 

it keeps saying "Kitchen" doesn't support that. Do I have to create another scene with a different name ?

Options
2021-06-23 10:31:15

@Bubs4113  Hello, 

May I know did you create a Group for 3-4 switches on Kasa app , and later create a Scene on Kasa app or Alexa app, 

May I have a photo of your settings on Alexa app, the Alexa app version as well. 

If possible, can you share with us a short video of the phenomenon? Thank you in advance.

At the same time you could also contact Amazon support and if they have any ideas, as the group could be turned on via Alexa command, normally it should support turning off the group. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 3