C310 detection area

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C310 detection area

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C310 detection area
C310 detection area
2021-06-21 16:38:18
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Firstly the C310 is a first class camera. Video quality and night vision are excellent.

Along with the easy initial setup through the app it is a great product.

The main criticism is that the settings for detection are woeful. Motion detection can be far too sensitive,starting up at the first sign of rain and continuing until it stops. Secondly the setting of detection zones is problematic. The target area chosen picks up movement way outside of the set parameters causing unnecessary video to record resulting in false notifications This makes it difficult to walk test the setup and set accurate surveillance areas at installation.

If these issues could be resolved this could be the best camera on the market.

Options
2 Reply
Re:C310 detection area
2021-06-22 09:08:28
I wonder if it is possible to buy one for yourself?
Options
Re:C310 detection area - how to change default detection area and set line crossing feature?
2022-01-27 10:04:01 - last edited 2022-01-27 10:14:29

@mole 

I could not set / change (save changer) detection area (same for line crossing feature).

There is no 'save changes' or 'update' button after changing default 'whole view' and 'no line' setting.

Could somebody help / advise on that problem?

I couldn't find any help on that anywhere.

Pictures: 1) default area 2) changed area 3) after change - no effect, again default area

Pictures: 1) default area 2) changed area 3) after change - no effect, again default area

Line crossing - same problem (before / setting lines / after (no effect):

False lerts after 'setting' action area (motion detected outside defined area):

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 784

Replies: 2

Related Articles