Serious problem - will not power off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-15 16:14:27
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.4

I'm very annoyed about this and it is potentially dangerous.  I have a schedule to switch off my Smart TV at 23:35 each night.  This morning it was still on but the light was off and the apps showed it off.  Toggling either made no difference.  I had the same prob a few months ago on a different plug and a full reset fixed it.  Even that is not working.  How can this happen!  It's now a brick!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Serious problem - will not power off
2021-08-16 02:06:32

@Peter170 Hello, 

Sorry to hear that you met some trouble using this plug, you could try to manually switch OFF the plug, does the device connect to plug still get power? 

Please try a different power socket and double-check if you factory reset the plug like this FAQ: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2612/

If you have tried the above suggestion but still does not work, this plug could be faulty, may I know when did you purchase this plug? 

May I know Power consumption(XX Watts) connected to the plug, recently was there any power outage/ extreme weather/ firmware upgrade that led to this issue. 

Thank you for help to confirm details. 

Options
2021-08-16 11:11:32

@Solla-topee. Thanks for your reply.  I did another reset. Stays on all the time. The app shows the device but won't switch it off. The button on the plug toggles the on/off state on the app, but the power remains on.  I has 8 on these over the last year or so  and all bought from Amazon.  The plug was powering a Smart TV < 200W and a recorder < 250W. No power outages in the last 2  years here.

Options
2021-08-19 20:20:42
Can you pleae give me some feedback on this?
Options
2021-08-20 09:40:45 - last edited 2021-08-20 09:41:07

@Peter170  

Thank you for providing more detailed information, the plug sounds faulty to me, we would like to follow up your case via email to check warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1285

Replies: 4