KC115: several problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-24 10:05:02
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I've been using this camera for a while. I've found the following problems:

- No way to access the video from other devices (no RTSP).

- No way to access the activities if the camera goes offline

The 24/7 recording option is basically a scam, as it records on the SD card only.

If the camera is disconnected, the videos are inaccessible from outside, nullifying the sole purpose of a camera: watch videos.

Anyone can tell me how to access the recorded videos if the camera goes offline OR how to access the RTSP stream so that I can record it on my server (home assistant)?

I totally don't get why Tp-Link isn't making things avaialble for interconnection. The point of IoT is interconnection. Dissatisfied.
If they hope I should pay each month for their service, they're totally wrong. I'd rather setup my own one or use a professional security service.

Many thanks and don't buy this camera!

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC115: several problems
2021-10-26 09:21:51

Hello@youHaveSomeProb,

For KC115, the recorded videos are saved in the SD card locally, when camera goes offline, camera is disconnected from cloud service, so we could not access the video saved in the SD card anymore. In this situation you may consider Kasa Care service, it will upload the clips to cloud and you could watch the clips captured before the camera offline. 

Thank you for your feedback on the RTSP feature, I'm afraid Kasa camera does not support RTSP and I did not see that in the pipeline.

I do not see Home Assistant integrate the Kasa cameras, it is suggested look for more details on Home Assistant forum from here: https://www.home-assistant.io/help/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 1

Related Articles