Dead Camera after Firmware Uodate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 19:10:20
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

I would like to know the best way to update the firmware on the Tapo C310 cameras as I have had two fail after a firmware update.

To be clear I have 1 camera that has never had any issues so the only thing I can think of is that its where the other camera(s) are positioned (WIFI connection maybe).

The two that have failed (Solid Red Led and IR's) after firmware are in the same camera position, Ie the second one that failed replaced the first one in the same position.

Before the first one failed it updated twice with no issues but the third time it failed. The new replacement has been waiting for the latest update 1.1.10 for ages but the update option was there this morning so I tried to do the update but it also failed (Solid Red Led and IR's).

So my question is, once I get the replacement what is the best way to update the firmware? 

• Via the SD card (I have a copy of 1.1.10 as the tech team at TP Link sent it to me to try and resolve my first camera failure) - Also are there specific requirements for what class SD etc....
  • Internet hard wired - The issue I have here is that the cameras are mounted on the wall outside so I need to get up a ladder and remove them everytime there is a firmware update.
  • WIFI - What I have currently been doing with some success but obvoiusly not without issues hence the post.

How have others found updating firmware on these Tapo cameras as looking at the forum this seems to be a theme and the blame by support always seem to be external factors like thunder and power outages. To me this seems like a flaw with the camera not being able to recover if the network is lost, but I'm just guessing here no clear proof.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dead Camera after Firmware Uodate
2021-11-02 03:51:05 - last edited 2021-11-02 03:51:34

Hello @Zack_C310 , 

Sorry to hear about the experience,  most of the time a firmware update through Wi-Fi or wired connection should be fine, but considering the incidents with your previous cameras, you could a manual update for the Tapo C310 replacement unit. Feel free to let me know if you need further help. 

Options
Re:Dead Camera after Firmware Uodate
2021-11-18 12:57:38 - last edited 2021-11-18 12:58:23

@Solla-topee 

Can I just say your returns/replacement process is shambolic and extremely slow.
I had a Tapo camera that stopped working after a firmware update after many messages backwards and forwards (mostly me chasing) I have finally received the replacement in the post......but it's the wrong camera (a cheaper one) and TP-Link are so far refusing to send the correct one until I post the wrongly delivered one back in the post. TP-Link are basically holding my camera to ransom.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 603

Replies: 2