Tapo P100 always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo P100 always on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo P100 always on
Tapo P100 always on
2021-11-04 19:25:47
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.49

This is the second plug in a space of 6 months that will not go off now. I can turn it off on the app or on the side button but the power stays on which is infuriating. I have done the reset by holding the button, just like I did to the previous failed model. Can anyone assist please?  I have tried different sockets too. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 always on
2021-11-05 03:28:12

Hello @Aln77 

From your description it could be a hardware defect on the unit, it is suggested to contact the retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

May I know what home appliance plugged in to the switch and its watt usage, was there any power outage or thunderstorm recently happened on the plug. 

The device consumption should be within smart plug Maximum Load, refer to device Datasheet for the details.

Options
2021-11-05 06:43:00

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @Aln77 

From your description it could be a hardware defect on the unit, it is suggested to contact the retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

May I know what home appliance plugged in to the switch and its watt usage, was there any power outage or thunderstorm recently happened on the plug. 

The device consumption should be within smart plug Maximum Load, refer to device Datasheet for the details.

thanks for a response, no power outages, I have a monitor and a phone charger plugged in. Since it's been over 30 days Amazon said I need to contact the manufacturer. Is it best to send them an email?

Options
2021-12-13 17:23:06
I've had the same with 2 plugs. One was fixed after a full reset, the other had to be replaced. It's worrying that this maybe a common issue and potentially dangerous depending on where the plug it used.
Options