Tapo c310 not recording after update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-14 03:35:43
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

I noticed that my C310 is not recording anymore after the firmware update. I noticed the issue even before version 1.1.12.  It was working before this.  Now even if it is on continuous recording it is not recording.  If I do a manual video record it does not work.  Only when I manual take a picture does it save on the sd card.  I have searched here before posting.  I am getting the alerts as expected but there are no recordings.  I tried formatting the sd card and now it is failing when formatting via the device.  I am using genuine sandisk uhs card.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo c310 not recording after update
2021-12-16 12:55:14

Hello @Disturbed 

Here are some settings to check: 

1. Confirm the firmware of the Tapo camera and the Tapo APP version are both up-to-date.
  2. Go to Tapo APP Camera Settings > Recording Schedulemake sure all the time blocks have been selected there.

3.  May I know is your camera on Tapo Care service, did the camera stop record Cloud Video, or stop recording into the SD Card(Playback)?

If you recently subscribe Tapo Care,  please check thread here: [Solution] Tapo C310 Not Recording Cloud Videos/No Notification after Active Tapo Care (Free-Trial)

4. If enable Alarm, when motion detected, will  Alarm be triggered?

5. Tap Envelop icon in Tapo APP and open message, was there any message detected at that time point.

Can you provide a photo & time point showing the motion is detected but camera does not record at that time, thank you. 

Options
2021-12-26 07:13:08

@Solla-topee 

The same problem here. A lot of notifications but no recordings on the SD-Card.

Options
2021-12-26 11:52:33 - last edited 2021-12-27 02:54:01

Hello @bad_friday 

Do you mean there is no SD card recording when viewing the playback ? Is the Continues recording or motion detection not working? 

Can I know the model  of your device, does the recording work fine before? 

Options
2022-02-19 17:16:02

@Disturbed 

Really annoyed looks like my camera stopped

recording locally on about 10 Jan 2022; up until this point it was working perfectly for almost a year.

I was offered a free trial of cloud services that works ok, but only records for 15 seconds at a time.

I can still record manually both photo's and video.

I found the last recording made back in Jan 22; so I'm guessing the SD card is good.

Just found diagnostics under advanced ,... says no micro SD card identified.

Under Micro SD If I disable loop recording it says not enough storage .... SD card full

Does anyone have a work around or can this rubbish be returned to the retailer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 5152

Replies: 4

Related Articles