Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP

Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP

78 Reply
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2023-10-13 01:56:19

The fact that this is not an option is mind boggling. Please remedy this on the C210 as well as these cameras are essentially useless for anyone who wants to use them outside of the terrible mobille app.

Options
RE:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP
2023-10-13 15:37:02
please add static ip option
Options
2023-10-15 14:46:27
Cameras need option to set static IP
Options
2023-10-20 12:10:00

+1 for fixed IP address please !

Options
2023-10-24 05:49:24

Such a shame that we can't assign a fixed IP. We need 2000 cameras and we are going with cheaper Chinese cameras as tp link can't figure out a simple issue and fix things. The developers watching this thread are responsible for the loss in sales

Options
2023-10-24 14:42:48

Will TPLink ever listen to us? 

Options
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP-Solution
2023-10-26 08:47:18 - last edited 2023-10-26 08:47:24

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and feature requests here. While I don't have specific details about when the feature to be able to configure static IP address will be available for Tapo cameras, I'll keep logging the feature requests and pass them along to the relevant team to evaluate.

In the meantime, if you are looking for an alternative solution to assign a static IP address to your camera, you can try configuring the address reservation feature on your router. 
Here we take the TP-Link router as an example, you can refer to the link below to set up the address reservation feature on the TP-Link router.
How to configure the Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers?

We value the user's experience and feedback. If you have tried the address reservation feature and find it ineffective for your specific use case, please feel free to share your experience. We are continuously paying attention to the user's feedback and will pass it on to the relevant department for evaluation and improvement of our products.

Best regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-26 09:21:41

@Solla-topee 

it was the first thing i tried, but my router (Orange cable modem) fails when i want to assign/reserve a specific IP to a specific device (mac adress).

So no option for me. :/

J

Options
2023-10-26 10:50:48

@Solla-topee We have already done mac-reservation and mac-binding. It works to "some" but mostly or most of my c210 and c310 tapo cameras just occupies random ip addresses. We are really waiting for the day this basic feature is added. Please add this feature in the TAPO APP and VIGI APP for ios and andriod please. 

Options
2023-10-27 01:37:32
Another vote for this. I have promoted Tapo cameras until someone told me it was not possible to set a fixed IP address, now i understand why sometimes cameras appear offline Fix this TP link
Options

Voters 47

+ 43 Voters