Tapo C200 disconnecting from Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 03:35:28
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My Tapo C200 has started disconnecting from my wifi router - a Unifi Dream Machine.

It worked perfectly for a few months. Now it disconnects from wifi each day. When it disconnects, it does not reconnect unless I manually turn the Tapo off and on again.

I have tried the suggestions from this thread but the problem persists. The signal strength is good (-36 dBm). The Tapo is on the latest firmware, 1.1.16.

I've enabled the diagnose log and I've attached it here.

File:
TapoC200-diagnose_log-backup-20220101-trimmed.logDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 disconnecting from Wifi
2022-01-05 14:22:00

Hello @ttarik 

Thank you for starting a new thread and proving the case details.

-  May I know the LED on camera when issue occur?

- May I know do you use any RTSP or ONVIF software or third party software to stream or control Tapo camera. 

If so, please turn that off for a few days and see if that helps improve stability

- Can I know the model of Unify router, is a single router, or router + extender? Does camera connect to router directly or through extender? 

I created a support email for you escalate through ticket TKID220104813 , please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
Re:Tapo C200 disconnecting from Wifi
2022-01-05 23:44:42

@Solla-topee Thanks! I have replied to the email but I will also reply here for others to see.

1. I think the LED behaviour changed between firmware versions. When the camera was on the 1.1.15 firmware, the LED flashed green when it disconnected from wifi. On 1.1.16 the LED is solid green after it disconnects.

2. Yes, I have some software which connects to RTSP and ONVIF to show the camera in the Apple Home app. I’ll turn this off and see if the problem keeps happening.

3. The router model is Unifi Dream Machine by Ubiquity. It is a single router. The camera is connected directly to the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 2

Related Articles