Tapo C100 shows no SD card inserted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-09 17:41:00
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

I formatted card to FAT32 and the camera detects and records for a few hours (or days unsure) after which suddenly it shows no SD card inserted. Upon investigating the contents of the camera, I can see the videos are present in the card till the timestamp at which Tapo C100 stops recognising the same.

Attaching the SD Card image I have plugged to my Tapo C100. This started happening after a few months of usage. 

Steps I took. I reformatted the SD camera again and it started recognising after a few days, it stopped working again siting the same error.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo C100 shows no SD card inserted
2022-04-11 08:22:21

Hello @TapoMan1 

Thank you for creating a new thread and sharing case detailed

If possible, it is recommend to try a different SD card :  A  High Enduration SD card or SD cards advised that it is suitable for real time recording/ for security cameras are more recommended.

Can you refer to instruction here to verify SD card and share a photo of test result here: How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards

Please share the MAC address of camera to us via private message , thank you. 

Options
2022-04-13 17:54:45
Hi, responded to you with the mac address for the camera. Also, including my further investigations: 1. The loop recording is the problem. After X days, when loop recording kicks in, The SD card goes stale and complaints. 2. On further re-format this works as expected for another X days. 3. The same SD card has been in use for a long time (5-6+months) 4. The SD card is always hot whilst inside the camera.
Options
2022-04-15 11:18:12

Hello   @TapoMan1 

Thank you for your more detailed information, it is recommended to also test the SD into the computer and see if could always be recognized.

As some data SD cards may not suitable for camera recording, it is recommended to test a High Enduration SD or SD that advertised support live time recording or camera recording.  

To better assist with your case, we created a support email for your  TKID220414953 , please check your email inbox, You could share the H2testw result here with us or on the support email.

Options
2022-04-29 21:07:46

@Solla-topee I have the same problem, tried three different sd cards. The subject keeps appearing here, but no solution. Only putting the blame on the sd cards. At the same time this issue takes away the largest part of of it's purpose.

Options
2022-04-30 15:40:43

Hello  @Hermke 

Thank you for the further feedback. If possible, it is recommended to test a high enduration SD card or an SD card that advertised about support security cameras/ live time recording, if it's still same, might be a defective camera and need to check warranty.  You may provide some information on your post here and we will try to look into that further. Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1107

Replies: 5

Related Articles