Assigning static IP address after plugin to power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 11:00:33
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hello guys,

I'm satisfied owner of C200 camera, but have one problem. I have correctly setup in my router static IP address to camera. But once I unplug camera from power source and plugin it back it assigns different IP address not the static one.

After that when I go to Tapo app on my phone, go to camera settings and click manually restart camera. Camera will restart and will connect to my predefined static IP address and everything is working then properly. 

I clearly don't understand why I have to always manually restart my camera through app after I just plug in and out from power source. You can understand that my camera could not be always one, sometimes I need to unplug it from power source. 

One thing I have noticed. When I plug in the camera to power source for few seconds It connects to my static IP address but during booting it suddenly changes to some router dynamic one and only solution is above mentioned restart through app. I noticed this because I'm using synology server and it detects the camera right after booting, but only for few seconds. Then another IP address is assigned and need to restart it manually. 

Is this know issue? Why the camera cant use static one after plugin without restarting through app? What is the solution?

Thanks,

Laci

Options
2 Reply
Re:Assigning static IP address after plugin to power
2022-04-14 11:09:33 - last edited 2022-04-14 11:42:05

Hello @Ladislav8 

Thank you for the feedback, camera's MAC address is fixed, so router should assign the same IP to camera's MAC after  IP reservation (reserve an IP address on router settings page for camera).  In post here, one user recommend to setup a longer DHCP release time on router, you may give it a try

May I know what the model of Wi-Fi router, did you connect camera directly to Wi-Fi router or through extender?

Please share a photo of the IP address given to camera before & after power loss, and a photo of router settings, 

To look this concern further, it is recommend to reach Wi-Fi router support at the same time and do some advanced troubleshooting, they may need to check the log of router. 

Options
Re:Assigning static IP address after plugin to power
2022-07-05 06:15:11
Please add option where we can set ip for the camera so even there is are power interuptions, we don't need to configure everytime.
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 302

Replies: 2