Question about Auto White

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 04:08:46
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do I get it so my bulb doesn't auto change brightness, also? Changing temperature, as the day progresses, makes sense, but why would I want my lights dim in the evening when the dun has gone down? I can't see!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Question about Auto White
2022-05-27 01:08:35

@D.D. 

This could be related to a setting called 'Fade Off' you could check if you have set up Fade off in Schedule settings and set is on Instant ON/OFF.

How to use offset and fade rate feature when schedule sunrise and sunset in Kasa app

In color Preset, if you set  Auto-White, the bulb will adjust to appropriate brightness based on the time of day. For a test, you could set a preset of your preferred color and brightness and see if this stops the behavior Changing Presets and Default State for your TP-Link Smart Bulb

Options
2022-05-27 01:24:02

@Solla-topee That's just it: A dark bulb is not appropriate when it's dark outside. I don't understand the use of that feature. I just want the colour to change, not the brightness.

Options
2022-05-27 02:06:32

Hello  @D.D. 

Auto White/ Circadian mode follows your body’s circadian rhythm, as my understanding, the bulb adjusts brightness and color temperature to help you be ready for a sleep in the night. While you wish the light become brighter as the times goes by, which is a different feature, you could try to set a Schedule and set Fade On for the bulb as the workaround. 

Options
2022-05-27 02:19:45

@Solla-topee I just don't want it to adjust the brightness at all. I'm sure that would be easy to program into the app.

Options
2022-05-27 02:55:55

Hello @D.D. 

This would be a useful feature and i'd recommend start a thread in our Kasa Feature Request Board, there you could make a new feature request and users who like this idea could vote and comment for it. This helps us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation. 

Here is a Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Kasa that you might be interested. Thank you for your time with the improvement suggestion~ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 5

Related Articles