C200 suddenly only viewable on home network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 12:58:11 - last edited 2022-06-28 15:48:25
Tags: #Live View #WIFI
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Afternoon, 

I have a C200 I have had since December 2020 and I love it and will hopefully be buying 3 more! But all of a sudden the camera can only been seen from inside the network and can't be seen from outside and I am at loss. Customer support wasn't much help I have changed DNS, reboot the camera and router as well as reset it and opened port 554 as I saw a few people say this helps! But now I am at a loss. I do a C100 too with 0 issues?

EDIT: TP-LINK said my camera was faulty and sent a replacement. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:C200 suddenly only viewable on home network.
2022-06-07 01:07:29

@Gurky 

Thank you for the feedback, please check if you have tried tips in guide below: 

What should I do if I can't view the Tapo camera?

This could be due to  the e request of camera has been blocked to the camera, you could check adjust firewall settings on router & modem , change DNS settings to 8.8.8.8, reboot camera and see if that makes any difference. 

Try to connect camera to a Guest Wi-Fi network or a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi and see you could view camera remotely?

If the same, can I know the model of router and network map. e.g. ISP XX router Archer C7<Wireless>tapo C200. 

Please help collect the camera log and share the log file with us. How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera? Thank you. 

Options
2022-06-16 00:17:20

@Solla-topee I'm having the same issue with my new cameras, i bought 4 c110, 2 c210 and none are working on remote view, only when i'm connected on the local network. Already called my internet provider that came to a visit and open all WiFi configurations, defines DNS as 8.8.8.8, and even with that doesn't work. Try to install the cameras in other app on iPhone, and tried to install the cameras in my mons house with a different internet provider, and the problem persists. Please i really need some help to fix it.

Options
2022-06-16 01:45:35

Hello  @JuniorCorrea 

Router or Modem Firewall settings could affect camera connecting to cloud service, you could try to adjust Modem and router firewall settings first. 

Double check if there is any Advanced settings like Access Control, Parental Control etc. 

Try to connect camera to a Guest Wi-Fi network or a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi and see you could view camera remotely?

If the same, can I know the model of router and network map. e.g. ISP XX router Archer C7<Wireless>tapo C200. 

Please help collect the camera log and share the log file with us. How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera? Thank you. 

Options
2022-06-16 10:49:45

@Solla-topee Hi, tks. I tried all you tell me, but nothing work. Tried the guest network and the mobile hotspot. The live view is only possible on local network. how should i send you the camera log? Thanks

Options
2022-06-16 10:51:49
My Modem model is: Askey Modl: RTF3505VW-N1 Software Version: BR_SV_g000_R3505VWN1001_s36 Hardware Version: REV4_B6M
Options
2022-06-16 11:46:57 - last edited 2022-06-16 11:57:02

Hello @JuniorCorrea 

Thank you very much for case details.Do you mean when camera connect to a mobile hotspot, it still only available in the local network. 

• Please connect phone to a different Wifi network, or test when phone using mobile data from a different SIM card company. (this is to see if it's related to certain ISP or SIM card )

You could share the log file and camera MAC address with us via link like Google Drive link via private message,  please also share a photo showing camera not available. Model of phone and its Android or IOS version.  The Tapo APP version, (ensure app is up to date)  Thanks!

As the same time I will create a support email for you, please also check your email inbox. 

Options
2022-06-29 07:26:58

Hello @JuniorCorrea 

May I know did you try to view camera when phone is on a outside wifi network like café Wi-Fi or test on a phone with  different SIM card carrier? 

To better assist with your case, I created a support email TKID220617268 and escalate it to our seniors, please check your email inbox later. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 7

Tags