Trouble with Alexa consistency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 10:36:31

I have a small smart home set up with 3 Echo Devices (Flex, Dot and Normal). I also have 6 wall switches made by Sonoff, 2 Tapo plugs and a Ring Alarm system (2x Cameras and 2 motion sensors).

For the most part, everything works fine. But the connection intermittently drops so that Alexa doesn’t always follow through with a routine. I also find that the cameras on the Ring system occasionally continue recording long after I’ve disarmed the system, which leads to massive battery drain.

I’ve tried the old “turn it off and on again” repeatedly with all the devices, including my router and modem, but nothing seems to work long term.

Would anybody have any tips to improve the consistency of the system? I’m UK based, in case that affects any suggestions

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble with Alexa consistency
2022-07-12 01:11:07

@JDSharphonsonir 

May I know what Alexa routines you set up on the Alexa APP? Does issue that happen to different smart devices or only Tapo smart plug? 

If Alexa was able to control the smart switch, but some commands fails  this could be due to a lag or delay in the Wi-Fi network, here are tips that you could give it a try. 

1. Ensure smart device receives strong Wi-Fi signal from main router  as mentioned in FAQ-Cas1 here 

2. Update Alexa  app to the latest version 

3. Ensue you can control Tapo Device remotely when Amazon fails to control smart device

4. Ensure the kasa app and device firmware are both up to date 

It is also recommended to reach Amazon support for some suggestions

You could also check if tapo smart action can work as the workaround for your tapo plugs

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo device (smart bulb, smart plug, smart camera)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 1

Related Articles