My iPhone does not scan the code on my switch or box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-16 19:27:30
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought a new KP115 and during the setup process through the Kasa app it requires that I add it to Home, and I try to scan the code on the box and on the actual plug, though nothing ever happens. I do not really need to add it to my Home setup, I just want to use it through the Kasa app, though I can not until I get past this step. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:My iPhone does not scan the code on my switch or box
2022-07-18 02:40:29

Hello  @3n3rgy 

Thank you for the feedback, if the phone failed to scan the QR code when set up HomeKit plug,  you could try to adjust the direction of the phone, like use the phone horizontally or vertically to scan the QR code.

If you have another phone or mobile device, you could also test on a different phone. 

As far as I know the homekit set up is a step required by Apple, thank you for your suggestion with the HomeKit setup, i'd forward your suggestion with our team and see if any optimization can be done. If you have an Android mobile device

Setup guide and video : Setup for Apple HomeKit Enabled Kasa Devices - EP25, KP125

Troubleshooting guideTroubleshoot Homekit-Supported Kasa Devices Setup Failure (KP125 'Unable to Add Accessory' Error)

Options
2022-07-27 02:44:17

@Solla-topee 

I have tried this with a new iPhone and a new iPad and when getting to the step where I am to scan the QR code, a rectangle appears that starts to outline the code and starts hopping around but never connects to anything. I also tried scanning the codes on the box. The two devices I bought are unusable until I get past this step. I also tried holding the phone close to where the code was and nothing worked. Is there any way around this step? Can you please show me an example of what one of these codes I am supposed to be scanning are? The only other possibility is that the devices I have do not have the correct type of codes on them?

Options
2022-07-27 06:00:26

Hello   @3n3rgy 

Glad to hear from you, as far as I know the scanning QR code step is required by Apple and can not be avoided, unless you use an Android phone and go through the normal setup process.  Can you use a phone to record a video and share the video here? 

May I know the kasa app version and the model & OS version of your ipad and iphone, thank you. 

I will try to grab one Homekit model and take a photo later. 

Options
2022-07-27 06:12:16

@3n3rgy 

Here is a Tapo Homekit device as an example, the Setup code has 8-digit number on it. 

If the phone still fairs to scan the QR code, tap ' More options' and there you could manually put in the 8-digit number on your kasa HomeKit device to add the smart device.

Make sure phone or mobile device has internet from Wi-Fi network , VPN is off during whole setup process, hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1831

Replies: 6

Related Articles