Tapo 100 smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo 100 smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo 100 smart plug
Tapo 100 smart plug
2022-08-01 10:11:06 - last edited 2022-08-05 06:24:59

I am extremely new to home automation. After seeing a tik tok video about nfc tags and automations I ordered some tags and dugout the Tapo 100 I’d got cheap off Amazon months ago and never used

I’m having issues with writing the if otherwise of the animation to use an nfc to turn a lamp with said plug on and off

I can so far do it with 2 separate nfc tags but would like to write to 1 tag if off turn on if on turn off

I’ve downloaded the Watt app and this has brought my device into the ones I can select from in automation’s

Any help is appreciated

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo 100 smart plug-Solution
2022-08-02 01:12:09 - last edited 2022-08-05 06:24:59

Hello   @JohnSonandrla 

Tapo APP support using tapo smart device as trigger, while not the NFC card . You may need to use other app to archive this feature. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo device (smart bulb, smart plug, smart camera)

For IOS, you could use iOS Shortcuts/ Automation feature and create your personal automation, Trigger: NFC card Action: Tapo Device 

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/guide/shortcuts/apdfbdbd7123/5.0/ios/15.0

For Andriod, you could check if phone itself supports any similar Automation.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo 100 smart plug-Solution
2022-08-02 01:12:09 - last edited 2022-08-05 06:24:59

Hello   @JohnSonandrla 

Tapo APP support using tapo smart device as trigger, while not the NFC card . You may need to use other app to archive this feature. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo device (smart bulb, smart plug, smart camera)

For IOS, you could use iOS Shortcuts/ Automation feature and create your personal automation, Trigger: NFC card Action: Tapo Device 

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/guide/shortcuts/apdfbdbd7123/5.0/ios/15.0

For Andriod, you could check if phone itself supports any similar Automation.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 990

Replies: 1

Related Articles