Why isn't there a PC app for monitoring cameras?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 05:43:18 - last edited 2022-08-29 01:19:10
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

I've looked and couldn't find a Windows version of the Tapo app so I could view the cameras or even set up a PC monitor showing the camera feed in real time.

Is there a reason to only have a mobile app? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why isn't there a PC app for monitoring cameras?
2022-08-26 05:58:02
I found about ispy and Agent UI but the setup is very complex and rrequires a fair amount of knowledge in networks, it would be much easier to just have an official Tapo app that would display my cameras in an easy/intuitive way with just my login information
Options
Re:Why isn't there a PC app for monitoring cameras?
2022-08-29 01:31:48

Hello  @Fbphoto 

Thank you for the feedback.  Tapo cameras are designed to be accessed anywhere through the app, it does not have a desktop PC yet. While the camera supporting RTSP and ONVIF protocol adds some flexibility for users who wish to stream camera on a Windows or MAC.

Among third party apps, the VLC Player or ONVIF Device Manager can be easier,  you could learn more details from thread below shared by our forum users: 

Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC-Solution

Hope this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 2