24/7 recording doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 17:41:05
Tags: #MicroSD Card #24/7 recording
Model: KC400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

I can't understand why the 24/7 recording of my camera doesn't work. I did turn it on and the camera says it's active, however when I open the app to watch recorded videos, it appears the message "your camera hasn't detected any events yet" and nothing is shown. I keep receiving notifications from the App when a noise or movement is detected by the camera however when I open the App to see the clips no video is present.

The camera has a 56GB SD card inside, I've formatted it already twice to make sure it wasn't a formatting problem. I had also restarted the camera twice unplugging it for 10 seconds. Something has been recorded on the SD card because I can see the available storage of the card decreasing.

In the advance settings I've turned off the hardware acceleration button as it's written to turn it off in case the android device experiences unexpected behavior when streaming videos.

The live view works without problems.

The camera worked fine for the first few weeks but now it's a month that I have this problem.

Can anyone help me? I don't know what to do anymore  crying

Options
1 Reply
Re:24/7 recording doesn't work
2022-09-20 01:09:15

Hello  @Maria_1 

If the 24/7 recording does not work: 

•  Make sure the camera is connected to the internet (check if timestamp on the live view is up-to-date)
  • For 24/7 Continuous Recording not working properly, here are some tips to give it a try:

- Confirm the firmware of the Kasa camera and the Kasa APP version are both up-to-date.

- Confirm SD card status is Good
-  Confirm the SD card is supported by your camera

-Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras?

Verify the SD card with H2testw software  ( check if it is an expanded capacity SD card) and share a photo with the test results  (back up important files before run the test)

If still the same, can you provide some information here :

1. a photo of SD card

2. a photo of H2testw test result 

3.  Screenshots of error message/ showing no recording  (bypass if you've provided)

4.  Mac address  of camera (please share via private message)

56. APP version

6. Model of phone and its Android or IOS version. 

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Tags

MicroSD Card
24/7 recording
Related Articles