KS230 was working.. until I flipped 4-way switch
So this is my 2nd KS230, the first one had a similar problem. I tried again to rule out any misinstallation or a dud.
As you can see in the subject, I wired these into a 4-way circuit. I've heard of other people doing this successfully. Here is what I did in order:
- Wired master and satellite into respective 3-way switches
a. I'm 99% positive I did everything correctly here, so give me the benefit of the doubt for now, we can play devil's advocate later if needed)
- Turned on breaker.
- Lights turned on, as well as the LEDs on master/satellite.
- Configured master on Kasa app.
- Manually turned lights off, then back on with master. Success.
- Manually turned lights off, then back on with satellite. Success.
- Manually turned lights off with 4-way switch. Success
- Manually turned lights back on with 4-way switch. Failure.
In other words, everything seemed to be working fine until I turned the 4-way switch back on (or likely the problem initiated after turning the 4-way off)
At this point all the LEDs on the master & satellite were off, so I thought maybe I tripped a breaker. Breaker is fine, and master is still getting 120V line. No power to travelers. Satellite has no power.
I've tried holding reset for 10+ seconds on master to no avail, tried flipping breaker off/on, tried both positions on the 4-way switch, nothing seems to get them back on, it seems like they're fried.
Am I missing something here? What could cause this? Assuming I did everything correctly on the 3 way switches, shouldn't the 4 way switch work as well? Or is it possible that there is a problem in the wiring of the 4-way? (I didn't wire it)