KS230 was working.. until I flipped 4-way switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 19:29:41 - last edited 2022-10-11 19:41:54
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

So this is my 2nd KS230, the first one had a similar problem. I tried again to rule out any misinstallation or a dud.

As you can see in the subject, I wired these into a 4-way circuit. I've heard of other people doing this successfully. Here is what I did in order:

1. Wired master and satellite into respective 3-way switches
     a. I'm 99% positive I did everything correctly here, so give me the benefit of the doubt for now, we can play devil's advocate later if needed)
  2. Turned on breaker.
  3. Lights turned on, as well as the LEDs on master/satellite.
  4. Configured master on Kasa app.
  5. Manually turned lights off, then back on with master. Success.
  6. Manually turned lights off, then back on with satellite. Success.
  7. Manually turned lights off with 4-way switch. Success
  8. Manually turned lights back on with 4-way switch. Failure.

In other words, everything seemed to be working fine until I turned the 4-way switch back on (or likely the problem initiated after turning the 4-way off)

At this point all the LEDs on the master & satellite were off, so I thought maybe I tripped a breaker. Breaker is fine, and master is still getting 120V line. No power to travelers. Satellite has no power.

I've tried holding reset for 10+ seconds on master to no avail, tried flipping breaker off/on, tried both positions on the 4-way switch, nothing seems to get them back on, it seems like they're fried.

Am I missing something here? What could cause this? Assuming I did everything correctly on the 3 way switches, shouldn't the 4 way switch work as well? Or is it possible that there is a problem in the wiring of the 4-way? (I didn't wire it)

Options
1 Reply
Re:KS230 was working.. until I flipped 4-way switch
2022-10-19 03:02:43 - last edited 2022-10-19 03:06:00

@LPettay 

Not 100% sure but in another similar topic here, they mentioned the KS230 3 way dimmer can't be used in the 4 way.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 1

Related Articles