Poor remote connection to C200 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-18 10:13:02
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

I have a C200 camera installed in my mums kitchen. She has dementia and we rely on it to check that shes had medication / drinks etc.

It used to be great but for the past few months I have had enormous problems connecting to it remotely via the Tapo App. 'Live view' works around 50% of the time, albeit sometimes after several tries, closing & reopening the App, leaving it for a while etc. But getting recorded footage to play back is very unreliable and difficult. Everything works OK when I'm in her house, but not when away. I've tried turning off Wi-Fi on my phone and using 4G - it makes no difference. We're both on Plusnet Unlimited Fibre broadband and have been throughout ownership of the camera. My phone is an iPhone SE2020 on O2.

I'm already at the end of my tether trying to care for her without this additional difficulty so any help you can give me would be great. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 0

Tags

Related Articles