Annoying Two factor authentication (2FA) reminder

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 12:50:39
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The new version of Tapo Home Android app annoys me daily with the request for 2FA. I really do not want that and do not deem it necessary for this account.

How do I stop it from popping up?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Annoying Two factor authentication (2FA) reminder
2022-11-14 08:31:54

Hi   @GunnarBernstein 

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the 2FA

Two-Step Verification is a security feature in the Kasa or Tapo APP that helps add an extra layer of security to your account and therefore we encourage our customers to enable this feature.

It will take time to set up and log in to the account for the first time, however, this will benefit the account security in the long term.  You are free to choose some trusted devices that can skip the 2FA step when this feature is enabled, so it will be quite simple to log in for the trusted devices. 

Latest news from our team: the 2FA has been optimized and the prompt should be decreased a lot, feel free to let us know if it works better now. 

Thank you again for sharing the feedback.

Options