Votes

Standalone switch that sits on or near an outlet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 03:22:00

Would be nice if Kasa sold a standalone switch I can program to groups or scenes.  Whether this just plugs in like a smart outlet plug with a button on it, or is corded and I can 3M tape it to the wall.  

It would be nice to be able to do actions with a physical switch rather than needing to grab my phone to toggle groups or actions. 

I know I can group other actions with a light switch press already.  But I want that light switch to control the light it's connected to, and have another switch nearby that I can press to turn on all the outside lights, for example. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Standalone switch that sits on or near an outlet
2022-11-29 06:50:18

@Levistras 

Did you check if kt is possible via the new Kasa app smart actions , you can use a smart device as the Trigger to control other smart devices.

By setting up a trigger (When trigger happens) and an action (Then execute the action.

Trigger: when a kasa switch is switched ON; or when a kasa plug is turned ON

Action/Then: Turn ON other kasa switches 

In this article, Kasa APP 3.0 you can check more details about Smart action 

This FAQ for reference only. 

Common questions about Smart Actions in the kasa app

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.