Problem with Smart Action

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-15 18:49:56

Hi,

After a few days I'm having problems with some smart actions, which are simple actions, which turn off the smart switch after a few minutes and I don't have any information about the error, just a red exclamation mark.

Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Thanks,

Renato

Options
9 Reply
Re:Problem with Smart Action
2022-11-16 02:33:49

@rmendonca 

Tapo Smart Plug/Power Strip/Switch/lighting doesn't support working as the Trigger. May I know what kind of Tapo product is this device Lampe armoire actually referring to?

If you're using the same names for two devices, please change a different one to avoid conflict.

Check here for more details about Smart Action setup. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2022-11-16 14:16:08

Hi  @Wayne-TP ,

It's not Tapo products but Kasa product. I have a lot of different smart switches (HS200, HS210, HS220, KS200M).
I don’t find the pattern yet, someone works, someone doesn’t work the automatic turn off.

Thanks,

Renato

Options
2022-11-21 02:23:45

Hi  @rmendonca 

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. 

Upon checking your email register the community, all your devices are back online and everything should work fine now. Can you check if the smart actions work fine in the kasa app? 

To better assist with your case, we created a support email for you TKID221126562, please check your email inbox if you need any help with that, thank you. 

Options
2023-05-25 11:10:01

Hi,

i have a similar problem with Smart Actions in Kasa, which is HS-200 always turns off after 30 min.

Situation :

i have this HS-200 removed from my first house now installed in the new one. I resetted the switch to set it for the new wifi network.

in first house, I had this Smart Action, which turns off the switch after 30min on.

Now, this "turn off" action is always happening, what ever Smart Action is programmed or not. It is like the "Kasa Cloud remembers".

My setup and some observations:

Kasa Smart App for iOS, in French

HS-200 Firmware 1.0.9

When reinstalling the switch in new house, couldn't delete the old switch in Kasa or change wifi settings. I could only add a new device, which eventually matched with the previous HS-200 already set.

I removed old 30min turn off Smart Action, and any other Smart Actions that could still interfere with this switch.

I can't see historic of events actions in the Kasa App. I use Samsung Smart Things to see the exact 30min turn off of the switch. Any help?

I had IFTTT action to turn on the light when arriving in the area, but this action has been disabled. The 30min delay was NOT in IFTTT.

Any idea? This is very annoying...

Thanks

Options
2023-05-25 14:12:21

Hi  @m_io ,

Do you have the SmartThings app connected with your Kasa account? I used for some configurations and sometimes I forget it control my devices too, so I disable the action at one app but the another one stays active.

Options
2023-05-25 16:42:05

Hi @rmendonca 

yes I just installed SmartThings to make some tests, and to try to automate actions there instead of Kasa.

But it is okay.

Thanks for the warning

Options
2023-05-26 10:26:32

@m_io 

Hi,
Currently, on the Kasa app>Smart>Smart Action page, please share the configuration screenshots of the smart action entries related to the HS200 with us, and we'll check if there is any problem with the smart action settings.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-27 15:33:30

Hi  @Solla-topee 

Got it! Thanks!
Your request for the Smart Action screen made me understand I was looking under Device Programming screen! I misunderstood the translation, but now it is fine. My old 30min delay Off program was there.

Sorry for disturbing, but your question help me with this curious behaviour!

Thanks again!

Options
2023-05-29 12:17:29

@m_io You are welcome! And glad to hear you have located the problem~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 9

Related Articles