Camera can only control locally

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-18 22:52:51
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.11.5

I just purchased and installed the Tapo C320WS camera but have problems with viewing when outside Wi-Fi frequency and also with setting up with Alexa.  All my other Tapo devices are working fine with Alexa but the camera can't be found when searching for devices.   I also lose my camera on the Tapo app when disconnecting Frey home wi-Fi.  I have gone through all the suggested processes of rebooting, changing router settings and disabling firewalls but still no joy.

I've seen numerous posts experiencing the same issues but none gave provided a solution, please help.

Until now all my Tapo purchases have connected easily but this is making me wonder whether I should have opted for a different make.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Camera can only control locally
2022-11-22 03:49:54

Hello   @Mushy

The Camera local only can be due to the router Firewall or even the firewall from modem/ISP side.  Or in some other cases , the camera is online but becomes on certain mobile phone. 

1. Please reboot Tapo camera first (Tapo APP> tap  the ' wheel' icon on the right top of Live view page> Camera settings> reboot tapo camera )

2. Try some tips in  the below guide Case2 : 

What should I do if I can't view the Tapo camera?

Including adjusting your router's DNS settings. 

3. Please connect phone to a different Wi-Fi network, or test when phone using mobile data from a different SIM card company. (this is to see if it's related to a certain ISP or SIM card company )

You may also factory reset the camera and reinstall it , or connect it to a Guest Wi-Fi network and see if that makes any difference.

If the same,please help collect the camera log and share the log file with us. How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera? The log helps us analyze the causes of the 'local only'

Can I know the model of router and network map. e.g. ISP x-  router Archer C7<Wireless>tapo C200. Thank you. 

Options
2022-11-22 08:34:36

@Solla-topee thank you for your help.

so far I have;

- Rebooted the camera (tried 3 times)

- Disconnected and reconnected from mains power

- Removed the micro SD card

- Disabled both ipv4 and ipv6 Firewalls in router

- Disabled antivirus software

- Tried controlling from a different phone

- Tried connecting from different router 

- Tried connecting via cellular data only

All of the above have not made any difference and have sent the log via the Beta App version

The camera is the C320WS 
ISP is Voneus
Router is Zyxel EX3301-T0

App version is 2.11.5 & IOS version is 16.1.1

Hardware Version of camera is 1.0 / Firmware version is 1.1.21

Options
2022-11-22 08:41:59

@Solla-topee the problem I'm experiencing seems very similar to the one shown below which you assisted with last year.  Did you get a solution to this as believe that could resolve my problem?

Options
2022-11-23 11:05:38

Hello   @Mushy 

Thank you for letting us know the steps you tried, can you help get the log of camera, I will get your case escalated to the senior engineer can look into it further. 

If the poster does not post the solution there, the problem may be not solved for that user. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 4

Related Articles