C110 Control Locally

C110 Control Locally

C110 Control Locally
C110 Control Locally
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

This is the first security camera ever purchased and I am having a hard time.  It shows that its connected to my home wifi yet it requires me to connect to its device network in order for the camera to even appear in my app for me to view it.  this means that my device has to be with the camera in order for it to operate.  I won't be able to access or view it when I am out of my home.  It also gives a message that it can only be controlled locally?  In addition during set-up it kept telling me my wifi password was incorrect (its not) when I backed out the app and came back it (while still connected to device network) the camera and its view appeared. 

When I disconnect from its network, the device doesn't appear on my app, I can't even access settings for it once I disconnect from the device network.  If I connect to the device network, I lose the ability to do anything with my cell phone aside from using the device via the app.  I cant use my cell data because Im connected to the device network.  the device network only connects for a second before I get an error message about unstable network.  I've also tried connecting it using my Alexa, it cant locate the device. 

I have reset it countless times already, went through the steps (numerous times).  I am not willing to change my DNS server on my router (which I have multiple devices already set to) just for this one device to work. I have unplugged and plugged it back in multiple times.  I have hit reset more than should be necessary to have it work. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C110 Control Locally -Solution

@Frustrated_ 

Hi,
Usually, you can refer to the below instructions to troubleshoot if you fail to set up the Tapo camera
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

If you need to connect your phone to the camera's default SSID Tapo_Cam_XXXX to watch it, it's recommended to refer to the steps below for a try.
1) Remove the camera from the Tapo app.
2) Factory reset the camera.
3) Enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, use a different phone to configure the camera to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if you can set up the camera successfully.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:C110 Control Locally -Solution

@Frustrated_ 

Hi,
Usually, you can refer to the below instructions to troubleshoot if you fail to set up the Tapo camera
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

If you need to connect your phone to the camera's default SSID Tapo_Cam_XXXX to watch it, it's recommended to refer to the steps below for a try.
1) Remove the camera from the Tapo app.
2) Factory reset the camera.
3) Enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, use a different phone to configure the camera to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if you can set up the camera successfully.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 79

Replies: 1

Related Articles