Tapo C320WS Low quality video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-20 08:08:29
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi TP Link / Tapo,

I recently bought this C320WS camera due to advertisements of "2k High Definition" and "Starlight Nigh Vision". Do note that I'm using already the recent Firmware 1.3.0

But Overall Video quality is really bad that you cannot identified the People Face even in Broad day light, what's more in night. Below is capture from video extraction to identify who's kid this hampering our gate but its barely identifiable.

Video quality is NOT only about Resolution (2K, Full HD etc) but overall Bitrate and Compression which the current camera really lacks. Lot of artifacts and pixelation as of the moment.

I hope TP Link resolve this issue via Firmware update ASAP as this camera is now good for check if there's there's someone outside but not good enough for actual "Security" tracking and purposes. We need to UP the Video Quality per Advertisement!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS Low quality video
2022-11-23 03:27:26

Hello  @Jerrey 

Please try to play the video at low speed to see if the face can be clearly recognized. From the picture, the blurry part may be caused by the rapid movement of the person. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo C320WS Low quality video
2022-12-06 14:10:47

@Wayne-TP These cameras have really poor quality, is it so hard for you to bear the bitrate. You already have plenty of threads on the forum that people expect something more than blurry pixels 

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 703

Replies: 2

Related Articles