Tapo C210 cameras randomly stopping recording and asking to initialize SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-27 07:18:30
Tags: #MicroSD card #recording
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I work for a business that has about 150 tapo C210 cameras installed at multiple locations.

Each day, I'd say 2-4 cameras stop recording and ask to initialize the SD card. This is quite random, can happen with any camera, and it's easy to fix, but it's annoying because we might lose important footage.

Why does this happen? All cameras have a Sandisk Extreme 256gb SDXC.

File:
S__30728239.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 cameras randomly stopping recording and asking to initialize SD card
2023-02-09 06:11:05

Hello  @Fbphoto 

Thank you for reaching out the community

If the camera says initializing the SD card frequently, please try some tips here 

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

Please verify the SD card using H2testw software to see if SD card itself is fine, meanwhile if you own a different SD card please sway a different SD card. 

If still the same, please share the MAC address, and SN number the camera via PM, may I know when did you purchase the camera and how long it has been working with the  SD,thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 1

Tags

MicroSD card
recording
Related Articles