New TAPO C200 Camera only works locally - all old plugs and cameras work perfectly fine remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New TAPO C200 Camera only works locally - all old plugs and cameras work perfectly fine remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 13:59:57 - last edited 2023-02-21 14:01:02
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have multiple smart plugs and another older C200, all of those work fine remotely, i bought another c200 camera to use a couple days ago which worked fine at first and then it stopped working remotely alltogether. I can't get it to work at all however the rest of the products on the same account which are all further away from the router are all working fine, i have even tried switching the two C200 cameras around and the old camera works fine where the new camera wasn't working remotely, and the new camera still will only work when i'm connected to the same network. 

Short of sending it back to amazon and getting a replacement i'm not sure what i can actually do. It can't be my router settings which ideally i wouldn't change anyway so i don't disrupt everything else which is working fine, any suggestions would be great. 

thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:New TAPO C200 Camera only works locally - all old plugs and cameras work perfectly fine remotely
2023-02-22 09:25:33

@swifty0906 

Good day, thank you for the feedback. For a comparison test, can you try to configure this C200 to the guest network or hotspot (with another phone) and test if it can be viewed remotely?

What's the status of this camera in the APP under the remote network? Does it display offline? Or it shows online but the liveview keeps loading?

Can you tell us what's the model of your router?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:New TAPO C200 Camera only works locally - all old plugs and cameras work perfectly fine remotely
2023-04-26 03:06:09

Encounter almost similar situation with newer tapo device. Older device do work flawlessly through remote. But newer device, same exact model but different HW version can behave differently even setup under same condition. 

Tplink support asked to try change password to without symbol and my two "locally only" devices after re-setup can connect remotely. So far it is stable after multiple reboot of router and camera. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 312

Replies: 2

Related Articles