C320 loosing WiFi after a few seconds, playback poor.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 22:31:09
Tags: #Live View #Unstable
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi 

I need help.

My c320 cam will live stream for about 10 seconds and then stop. It looks like WiFi signal has been lost,  I'm unable to watch playback clips. I get the wheel spinny icon when trying to watch playback.

The camera is approx 9ft directly above the WiFi router. The camera receives a very strong WiFi signal and is the closest camera to the WiFi router. 

I have reset the camera today but still have the issue. 

I have a 2nd camera (310) approx 25ft away from the WiFi router and it's working fine.

The camera is still recording motion detection etc but live viewing and playback is extremely unstable. But yet it's the closest and receives the strongest WiFi signal???

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:C320 loosing WiFi after a few seconds, playback poor.
2023-03-14 03:04:27

Hello  @JoeyMcZeus 

Thank you for reaching out and providing the case details. 

It's a great step to check the camera WiFi signal strength, you can also check some tips here 

How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera

Try to live stream locally when phone is on the same Wi-Fi network that camera is connected to.

Ensure the firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date

If possible, you can swap the locations of the Tapo cameras and see if other camera behave the same in the same location. 

If still the same, can you check my private message, help collect the App log.

May I know the model of router and network topology, e.g. ISP--router Archer AX3000 <wireless> camera

Options
Re: c420s2 loosing WiFi after a few seconds, playback poor.
2023-07-19 15:58:46 - last edited 2023-07-19 17:56:41

@Solla-topee 

Having the same issue with newly purchased c420s2  package (w hub).  All SD Storage, network is fine.

TAPO 3.0 app (beta) USA

1) triggers, records and notifies events fine.  Shows 'clips' in camera view in app

2) video clips are shown to have been recorded and stored on SD card (confirmed by removing card from hub and viewing  on PC.  All videos are full length and playback w/o issue)

ISSUE:

When we click on clip in TAPO app (either in device section or hub section /device sub-section, it  starts playing (3-5 sec) then stops and displays message ("No Recordings")

We cannot playback anymore than that.  Some clips go directly to ("No Recordings").

SOLUTIONS TRIED:

1) delete all clips for device

2) reformat SD card

Again, it is triggering and recording fine (??) but PLAYBACK fails entirely.  We also have a 420 camera that works great.

Any suggestions?  help?

thanks,

DM

NOTE: FIxed camera version to correct one.

Options
Re: c420s2 loosing WiFi after a few seconds, playback poor.
2023-07-20 11:29:54

@dmatpdx 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. From your problem description, your problem looks the same as the one reported in this thread. It's suggested to follow the recommended solution in the thread(Forum ID 614598) to troubleshoot. 

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 416

Replies: 3

Tags

Live View
Unstable
Related Articles