Tapo P115 can only be controlled locally

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 18:42:31
Model: Tapo P115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 221114 Rel.203339

After installing Tapo P115, only local control is allowed, the smart connector does not connect to the Tapo cloud server. The settings of the Wi-FI router are correct, other Tapo devices work flawlessly, except for the P115 smart connector, there are 3 of them, and the problem exists with all three. Does anyone have a similar phenomenon? Also, what could be the solution? Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo P115 can only be controlled locally
2023-04-03 01:44:00 - last edited 2023-04-03 01:45:11

Hello  @Levente1990 

thank you for reaching out. 

Smart device being available locally not remotely can be due to the Wi-Fi network, you can try to follow some tips here

Case 2. Unable to control the Tapo device remotely.

What should I do if I cannot control my Tapo smart devices (smart plugsmart camerasmart lighting)?

• Try to adjust the router/ modem firewall settings. 
  • And try to change router's DNS to google DNS 8.8.8.8, save settings and restart your router. 
  • Try a different network like using mobile data/ switching to a café Wi-Fi and see if devices goes locally only when phone is on certain ISP's network

If you continue to face the problem, can I know the model of router and the network map.e.g ISP xx--Modem--Router<Wireless> Tapo P115. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 1