Randomly dying SD cards

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Randomly dying SD cards

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Randomly dying SD cards
Randomly dying SD cards
2023-04-11 21:47:00
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.0.2

In just one week two of my camera SD cards died. One in a C310 and now in my C500. 

Why randomly these cards die? It is a guarantee issue? I can't really think it is okay for a camera with an SD card to work properly for only one week before it needs a new card. 

The removed SD card from C310 I couldn't test, because I don't have an SD to MicroSD adapter. The C500 one I just realised now. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Randomly dying SD cards
2023-04-12 08:40:42

@kovacstamas94 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if your SD is not working fine with the Tapo camera.
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

If the suggestions not working, please help confirm the following information.
1) The brand & model of the SD card, as well as its storage capacity and format type.
2) Please send me the MAC address of the camera via PM.
3) Please describe the problem you experienced in detail, and if you can provide a video or screenshots, which is highly appreciated!

By the way, below is an introduction about which SD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras.

Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 213

Replies: 1

Related Articles