C200 motion detection stopped working after latest firmware uipdate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 20:09:37
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

The motion detection has stopped working all together on the latest firmware 1.3.5, the previous firmware versions were working perfectly. How do i roll back the firmware, can you provide a download link please.

Options
6 Reply
Re:C200 motion detection stopped working after latest firmware uipdate
2023-04-27 08:43:58

@Whag 

Hi,
Since the Tapo C200 is a cloud camera and updates the firmware via the cloud server, it's hard to roll back the firmware directly. In this case, I'll try my best to help you solve the problem on the firmware 1.3.5 version.

For your problem, please refer to the link below to check if the settings on the camera are correct.
Motion Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera.

If the settings are no problem, please try to reset the cam and reconfigure it, then check if it will work fine.
How to reset my Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-04-27 11:57:47

@Whag 

Same here!   How do I roll back and also prevent future sloppy firmware updates from auto updating?

Options
2023-04-27 21:03:02

@allan47 Hi there, Beleive it or not i received an update this morning 1.3.6 and it has fixed the issue. I also fully reset the device and deleted it from the app before the update.

Options
2023-04-28 05:46:07

@allan47 

Hi,

Generally, you can go to each cam's Camera Settings page on the Tapo app, then click on camera info>Firmware>Auto Update to turn it off if it's on, and then the camera won't update the firmware automatically.

If you have the same problem, please try the suggestions in my previous reply, and if the problem remains, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Model number, hardware version, and firmware version of your camera.
  2. The camera settings pictures relate to the motion detection issue, such as the Detection&Alerts page and motion sensitivity settings page on the Tapo app.
  3. The detailed problem phenomenon.
  4. The model number of your router, and please describe your network diagram: e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> Tapo cam.

Best Regards

Options
2023-04-28 11:13:45 - last edited 2023-04-28 11:14:13

@Whag  I have the c320ws running 1.3.0 unfortunately 

Options
2023-05-02 01:07:15
Fyi i upgraded the tapo integration to version 5.1.2 and it works now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 6

Related Articles