C310 V1 bricked after a software update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 12:39:53
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 not sure because bricked...

Hello,

i have search a long time to solved my bricked camera and finally found this POST : bricked C310 after a firmware update where @MrFox has the same problem : C310 version V1 bricked after a firmware upgrade, and if i read this post :

LV1
2021-09-29 10:52:06
Re:Tapo C310 - Firmware update bricked camera

Hi there, @Solla-topee 

Thank you very much, I've received the email with the emergency recovery guide and a firmware and now my camera works again.

Wish this information was available publicly.

Anyway, thanks again for the support!

I have open a ticket and the response was : there is no firmware recovery for C310 V1 : see in french :

Veuillez noter que les produits suivants ne disposent pas d'un micrologiciel de récuperation :

C100 1.0

C200 1.0

TC60 1.0

TC70 1.0

C310 1.0

So, what happend here??? TpLink support doesnt want we rescue hourself the bricked camera????

It a joke, but not a funny one...

Is someone from TPLink, professionnal, can make a reply please?

Of course there is a recovery guide with firmware, or perhaps you will said that  @MrFox is a liar?

Options
1 Reply
Re:C310 V1 bricked after a software update
2023-05-09 01:45:13

@Olivier974 

Hello! As you can find in this post, the Solution to this issue has been updated. Re:Tapo C310 - Firmware update bricked camera -Solution

The recovery method is no longer valid for the Tapo C310 V1. If your camera turned to brick, try to factory reset the camera, contact the retailer or TP-Link local support​​​​​​​ to proceed warranty if the led does not change during the reset.  

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 1