Intermittent non-responsive sensors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-14 12:44:59
Model: Tapo T100   Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a couple of dozen Tapo devices currently set-up and they've been working fine for a couple of months. However over the last several days, I've had a number of occasions where all the sensors are non-responsive. This includes motion sensors and smart buttons connected either via a H100 or a H200 hub. If I activate the devices via the app which the sensors are supposed to be triggering, I have zero problems and lamps for example will turn on instantly. I've had some scenarios where the lamps may turn on after a 30-60 second delay or sometimes just not at all. Where should I be looking to for troubleshooting? This is really quite frustrating. I've invested a lot of time and money setting the system up and still have several more of each sensor that I'm wanting to install soon. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Intermittent non-responsive sensors
2023-05-15 09:58:55

@Meteorites 

Hello! Thanks for the feedback. Please ensure the device firmware and Tapo APP are both updated. 

Does this issue occur on the Shortcuts, Automation, or both? Are all the rules including a SubG device (devices that connect to the hub)?

If you have non-SubG Tapo smart devices (e.g.plug, lighting device), try to create a smart action rule without the SubG device, test if this problem still occurs. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-15 16:23:33

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the response. My firmware is always kept completely up to date. Predominately it seems to be the SubG devices but I think I had an issue on one occasion where the C420S2 cameras weren't triggering a hub chime when the other devices weren't working either. I've even tried moving my Hubs to the top 2 priority devices for my modem just in case that could have been an issue but it's still occurring. 

What could cause the issues whereby the app activates plugs, bulbs, etc instantly while at the same time, the motion sensors and smart buttons are greatly delayed or just won't trigger the devices at all?

Options
2023-05-16 01:44:30

@Meteorites 

Hello! The C420 is also a SubG device. If you have the Tapo plug like P100/P110/P115 and the lighting device (bulb or light strip), try to create an automation with them and test if there is also a delay issue. 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-16 02:02:34

@Wayne-TP Thanks I think I understand what you mean now. I do have P100/P110 automations setup already (i.e. schedules). Given that this seems to be a sporadic intermittent issue, it means it would need to occur during one of the occasions where the plugs are being activated. I think from memory that happened a few days ago where one of the plugs didn't activate at the specified time. I also just got the support email so will follow-up with them. Thanks again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 4